Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2002, 09:18 PM   #1
frostg1ant
Dungeon Master

I think I made a big mistake and went to Serpent's Temple without learning Cure Poison first. Where can I find it and should I reload from a point outside Serpent Temple to get it first? (I am not too far along inside the temple, but I have 4 party members poisoned).

Thanks!

frosty
frostg1ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 09:20 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi frosty!

Cure poison is a vine spell and VERY useful in the Serpent Temple. It is a level 4 spell. Do you have a character learning Vine spells??

If not, load up on cure poison potions and save your game often while in the temple. Spider nectar will also cure poison but remember to keep one for the ritual!!!

Wyv

I goofed - it isn't a level 3 spell, it is a level 4 spell!
Message below

[ 03-26-2002, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 09:54 PM   #3
frostg1ant
Dungeon Master

Yes, I have my Priest learning Vine spells. I read in the tips section that Cure Poison isn't available as a selection in the shops. I take it this means it is only available when leveling?

I suppose I will press on in the temple. It seems the Temple priests occasionally drop a cure poison potion and I have been making do with casting heal whenever someone's hitpoints get to about half.

Does the poison ever wear off or is it permanent until cured?

Thanks Wyv! You are great!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

frosty
Old 03-27-2002, 10:54 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Poison is permanent until you're dead, unfortunately. The priests will drop potions fairly frequently, though. And if you really get stuck, you can just leave the serpent temple and head back to the temple in Ishad N'ha, where the local priests will heal you for a fee.

You might want to use distance combat where possible (spells and so on). And if you haven't done so already, train your priest at the guild to get to level 4 Vine. And make Cure Poison your next selection.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 08:55 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I always liked the "save often" method of doing the Serpent Temple.
I would explore for a bit and every time I had an encounter and came out of it unpoisoned, I saved! If I got poisoned, I reloaded the game. As a result, I didn't need to carry around too many cure poison potions and was able to save the ones I did carry for the encounter with the NAGA, etc.

Worked well.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:17 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm a firm believer in the ancient art of "save early, save often", too. Saves my backside more than I care to think about.

First time I went through Serpent Temple, I did a lot of reloading. Second time, I made sure I had cure poison. Reloading on my system (Athlon 900) just takes too long for my liking.
-+-+-+
Old 03-29-2002, 12:20 AM   #7
frostg1ant
Dungeon Master

Hi Bungleau,

In regards to getting 4th level Vine you are referring to the temple in Ishad Na correct? I didn't go there first before heading to the Serpent Temple. Should I have? (i.e. is there anything that I needed to get there first like quests and the like)?

thanks!

frosty

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
And if you haven't done so already, train your priest at the guild to get to level 4 Vine. And make Cure Poison your next selection.
Old 03-30-2002, 09:51 AM   #8
koolaidfreeservecouk
The Magister

As far as i remember, the majority of Serpent Priest carry coins, staves and POTIONS OF CURE POISON. so just set spawn rate to high, waander around and whack out as many priests as you need to fill your backpack with Cure Poisons.

Mentally yours,
Si
koolaidfreeservecouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 12:33 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Frosty,

What I meant is to train your Vine spell level up to level 4. As a Priests' Guild member, you can train once at every character level. For example, at level 1, you can train in something. Once trained, you can't train again until you advance to level 2.

The mistake I made in my first game was to try to level up spell skills with skill points. It takes too long, and for just a handful of gold, you can easily train a whole level at one shot at the appropriate guild.

So train your priest until his or her Vine skill is at level 4, and you'll be able to learn Cure Poison. And once learned, you can always cast it.

And you can do the training at either the temple in Ishad N'ha or the temple in Valeia. Both will train you just fine.
-+-+-+
Old 04-01-2002, 12:42 PM   #10
frostg1ant
Dungeon Master

Ahh! Looks like I have been making the same mistake then! I never did realize that I could train spell levels in the guild after each level. I was just trying to increase them by spending skill points! Ooops.

Now, as far as gold that is another matter...I am always broke in this game!

Thanks!

frosty

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
What I meant is to train your Vine spell level up to level 4. As a Priests' Guild member, you can train once at every character level. For example, at level 1, you can train in something. Once trained, you can't train again until you advance to level 2.

The mistake I made in my first game was to try to level up spell skills with skill points. It takes too long, and for just a handful of gold, you can easily train a whole level at one shot at the appropriate guild.