Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2003, 11:22 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Despite the lack of feedback( or rather, no feedback) from the previous round... I trudged on and tweaked the AI Scripts. I have debugged the Archer script, and it should work properly now without stuttering or hestitation. It is still not complete, but it is functionable.

On a more uplifting note, I have completed a Paladin AI Script. It is melee oriented. Potions covered include in no particular order,

Oil of Speed, Potion of Healing, Antidote, Marek's Potion of Antidote, Elixir of Health, Potion of ~~ Giant Strength, Potion of Defense, Potion of Regeneration, Potion of Agility, Potion of Strength, Potion of Fortitude, Potion of Invulnerability, Potion of Explosions, Oil of Fiery Burning and Potion of Firebreath.

Wand of Magic Missile is covered.

Innates abilities and Bhaalspawn Powers like Lay on Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Slow Poison and Draw Upon Holy Might are also handled.

The Paladin script is suitable for any melee-oriented warrior.

After I finish the Archer scipt, I intend to tackle the Cleric next.

Both scripts can be downloaded here. Please try them out and tell me how it went. Bug reports, critism, suggestions, and any manner of relevant feedback will be HIGHLY appreciated. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 12:51 PM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Wand of Magic Missile is covered.

This new paladin script sounds like something I can use, so I'll go download it. [img]smile.gif[/img] But how'd you script the wand? Does it work the same as item usage?
Old 03-14-2003, 02:44 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirengle the BNM:
This new paladin script sounds like something I can use, so I'll go download it. [img]smile.gif[/img] But how'd you script the wand? Does it work the same as item usage?
Yes, it is used as an item. I scripted it so that the user will use it only on Mages and/or Clerics that are within range. If all goes well, the character will use the wand every two rounds on a Mage or a Cleric to try and disrupt their spells.

ADD] Oh, but as with all level 1-3 spells, if the target has more than 40% Magic Resistance, or has Minor Globe of Invulnerability active, the wand will not be used. Neither will it be used on invisible targets.

ADD ADD] Basically, I am trying to follow the rule of 60%. An attack must have at least a 60% chance of success before it is attempted. This applies very much so to save or else spells.

If an enemy is more than 50% resistant to the element, skip and try something else.

Healing Potions/Spells are not used unless every single healing point is used. So if Mr. Bleeding Gums has 50% HP, but his HP total( not HP left!) is only 12, he will not be healed.

[ 03-14-2003, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 03-14-2003, 10:47 PM   #4
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

Dumb question alert:

What do you mean by an AI script?
Old 03-15-2003, 04:06 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You can assign an AI Script to a party member so that he/she will have a mind of his/her own. Think The Sims.

To assign an AI Script to a party member, go to his/her Character Screen( press R), select the Customise button, select Scripts.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:15 AM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

In addition to what Dundee said, AI = Artificial Intelligence. The name pretty much says it all.

ADD] Those sounds like some good scripts, Dundee. [img]smile.gif[/img] Good job. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 03-15-2003, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 11:43 PM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Actually, I found both scripts to be quite well-written. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] to Dundee Slaytern! They certainly give me some more ideas about what is possible.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote