Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 03:31 PM   #1
tzoneman
Welcomed New User

I AM SO STUCK, I MAY HAVE TO START ENTIRE GAME OVER, PLEASE HELP ME FROM HAVING TO DO THAT... I'll explain...

Basically, I'm in the underwater city, and have fallen into the situation of playing within save games where I can only get the one glowstone key from the mermaid and it's impossible to get the 2nd or 3rd glowstone keys ( a random hell that just isn't in my favor).

I have followed ALL of the info suggested here on this forum concerning this situation, and even have one save that's before I even start down into the water towards the underwater city, but to no avail, it still won't randomly give me the other glowstones. THE REAL BUMMER is I haven't any other saves from even before the approach to above the underwater city to load, except for the one that still won't load the other two glowstones; I only have the one - all other saves were during the underwater city level. Basically, I think I may be totally f*cked, and may have to start the ENTIRE game over!!!! OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only hope is either this - if someone can fully explain the difficult technique of jamming the turning room with chest(s), in detail, OR, email me a save with all three glowstones... I KNOW that sounds crazy, because I wouldn't be playing with my characters, but it's my only hope.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE; I CAN'T START THIS ENTIRE GAME OVER AGAIN!

Thanks very much in advance for ANYTHING anyone can do!

TZONEMAN
tzoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 03:22 AM   #2
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi Tzoneman, and welcome to the board.
I don't know what you mean by that the glowstones should be randomly given to you. I found the glowstones in chests in the sunken city. Maybe Xignal's post can help you out.

The text written in italics was originally posted by Xignal

The first stone was from the mermaid. The second one can be found not too far away in a chest in a semi-collapsed room (west of the mermaid). It's partially hidden by a broken wall section toward the middle of the room. The third stone is found toward the end of the Collasium dungeon.

Another option could be to ask Wyv politely if she could produce the stones by editing the savegames. If that doesn't help I could fetch the stones for you and e-mail the save-game over to you.

Don't give up on the game!!!

Good Luck and let me know how things develp!

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 07:20 AM   #3
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Tzoneman and Jazzid,

Just to update my older walk-through text:

"Sarellia will give the first to you if you ask her about the Oracle. The chest with the second random glowstone is usually found in the room past the two mermaids (don't forget to check both floor and rafters). [Note: sometimes the game puts the 2nd stone in an inaccessible area - you may need to restore or try blocking the rotating room's doors with chests.] The third glowstone is in one of the side passages in the broken overhead trolley room."

I was never successful in blocking open one of the rotating room's doors - the one time I couldn't find the 2nd glowstone in the western room I reloaded from a saved game (saved prior to entering Collasium).

Wyv can hack you another stone but she's currently out of town. You might try running W&W on another machine and reloading your before-Collasium game there - the "randomness factor" sometimes changes on different hardware.

Xignal
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 10:29 AM   #4
the_young_one
Manshoon

Have you checked all the treasure chests in the rooms past the two mermaids? You can use the spirit spell "spirit eye" to help locate all items?

The third glowstone is only available deeper inside Coliseum, past the Mother of Crabs.
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 11:36 AM   #5
tzoneman
Welcomed New User

thanks for your replies and for the welcome.

yes, i have checked ALL chests... numerous times. i also keep re-loading my pre-underwater level save, but now i think it's NOT a pre-underwater save, even thought it's outside of the water; i have gone over the water level with a fine toothed comb, having played it so long, and am 100% sure, my save is not reloading from beginning and has haulted my game. i've spent all day yesterday (a day off), working on it and even though i am a long-time gamer, i just can't manage to jam any chests in the circular room to block the doors, etc, as explained in previous posts. i don't have the spirit spell you've mentioned; unfortunately, all three of my magic uses haven't studied that type of magic... dumb on my part.

i've read everything on this glowstone bug, and even tried to hack in some glowstones myself, but i'm an artist, not a programmer. Jazzid, thanks for your generous offer of emailing me a save with the glowstones, i'll get back to you on it and do appreciate the offer.

but first... i did email Wyvern, asking to help hack some glowstones into a save, let's see and hope that she gets back to me so i can use my own party for the rest of the game.

the thing that sucks is this is such a fun game and i can't finish it... bummer.

tzoneman is offline   Reply With Quote