Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 10:41 AM   #1
MitchR
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First off, I wanted to say hello to all ! I have to admit it has been several years since I last endeavored into RPG games on my PC. It was before I got a real job, married, and bought a house. One night, I thought about how much fun it used to be to stay up late and conquer midevil/fantasy worlds and to explore and figure out difficult quests. My old favorites were all 1st person (Bard's Tale, Eye of the Beholder, and Lands of Lore) - I must say that the Eye of the Beholder series were FANTASTIC at the time they were made and I miss then dearly. All the recent 3rd person perspective RPG's have not interested me at all. So anyhow, I did a search on the internet and found W&W and this site ! What a great and pleasant suprise. I can't believe how great W&W is, it's just so fresh and different compared to all the 3rd person RPG's.

Thank you to everyone on this board because in a matter of 1 day I was able to get the game installed on my Gateway Notebook computer which has Win 2000 - and it actually works ! I can sit in my comfy chair and keep my wife semi-company while she watches boring shows like dateline and 60 minutes and I can play W&W !

Last night was the first real playing time I had - a few hours. Let me know how my party is, here is what I made:

3 Warriors (1 dwarf, 1 Lizord, 1 whiskas)
2 Priest (1 Human, 1 Oomphas)
1 Wizard (Elf)

They are currently all at Level 3 through fights around the first town and in the first level area of the Crypt.

My thoughts were to make my characters the following ASAP:
Warrior Lizzord >> Barbarian - soon
Warrior Dwarf >> Paladin - soon
Warrior Whiskas >> Ninja - soon >> then maybe Assasin
Priest Human >> Monk - soon >> then maybe a Zen Master
Priest Oomphas >> Stay a priest for a long time then maybe Warlock ????
Wizard Elf >> Warlock - a little later but fairly soon

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions before I start Ascention.

THanks again everyone !

Best Regards,
Mitch R.
MitchR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 03:48 PM   #2
Anka
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sounds like a good mix, but I just want to add that you won't be able to get the monk, ninja or samurai until you get to ishad'nha, so maybe you'd want to make one of those into a ranger in the meantime. Have fun!

------------------
Anka
Anka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 04:52 PM   #3
MitchR
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Anka:
Sounds like a good mix, but I just want to add that you won't be able to get the monk, ninja or samurai until you get to ishad'nha, so maybe you'd want to make one of those into a ranger in the meantime. Have fun!

Excellent - thanks for the tip. I was thinking about making the Whiskas Warrior into a Ranger. You decided it for me - thanks again.

Regards,
Mitch
Old 10-23-2001, 06:43 PM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Hi and welcome to the board. It's a fun game that is really addictive. If you need advice, don't hesitate to post or to check the Best Tips... but you have to be carefull because there're a few spoilers mixed in as well.

Have fun and keep us posted
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 09:46 AM   #5
Sauron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hiya, I'm rather new to this site too, but have been playing the game for a small bit now (I'm only just finished the dragon caves though). I can tell you this, pay attention to what magics each class gets, it stinks if you want your paladin to be able to cure poison for example, and you change them at level 3 with no vine magic I wish I had used the leveling aspect to my advantage better too. After a few levels it starts to take 20,000 exp points to level, meaning longer in between the ability to train in skills. I wish I had waited to change my characters until it took so many points between levels, because once you change their class it is like becoming level 1 witht he exp required to gain new classes. Also, don't be afraid to go through two or three classes for that exact reason before getting to the one you want to keep your party members at. The training will help SO much. Just a tip from someone who's learned the hard way. OH YEAH!! DON'T KILL THE RAT THEIVES!!!!!
Sauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 11:56 AM   #6
MitchR
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sauron,

Great name - Tolkein's books were some of the few I read when I was a kid going to high school ! I did a Sociology report in college on him and the professor absolutely loved it.

Thanks for the tips - I agree, I'm up to level 6 on my guys and have been very careful on spells to make sure I have a good mix. I only upgraded my warriors to new classes but have been keeping my priests and mage at the same level. I'm still working on the Crypt just to get my guys some experience and more money.

I tried the Toad quest but they said I was evil and attacked me. I just killed the whole darn village and got a bunch of exp points. I don;t really care about the couple stupid items you get from that quest - I can do without.

Nice to see you are from WNY !!

Regards,
Mitch

------------------