Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2001, 03:20 PM   #1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1) What the hell is the deal with the 2 (3?) Amazoni Mantraps to the west of Ishad N'ha? I killed one with about 16 flame drops (approx) and then saved it cuz, lets face it, 1972 exp from 1 guy is save worthy, but it takes so long and if one gets a hold of ya with that incredibly powerful spell, yer toast.

2) I changed one of my wizards into a bard rather early (after learning al lvl 3 spells) and I dont know if that was a mistake, A) can I change back into a wizzy? B) How many spell lvls are there? Same with warrior, changed one of them to a barbarian rather early, wrong move?

3) How does one go about using spell books? I have a book "Cure Poison" that I wish to know how to use it.

Plz respond asap I am gettin frustrated hehe.

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited 09-27-2001).]
newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 05:06 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

1) Try Petrification on them. Works great.

2) This probably was a bad move, as you cannot gain any additional Sun or Stone spells. You cannot convert back to a class once you have taken it (or maybe just the Basic classes). There are 7 spell levels. Yea, this probably was, but then again, you gain more HP.

3) Only a magic-user who knows that specific school of magic can learn the spell from the book. If they can, there should be a Invoke button when you right-click on it.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 05:46 PM   #3
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by newbie:
1) What the hell is the deal with the 2 (3?) Amazoni Mantraps to the west of Ishad N'ha? I killed one with about 16 flame drops (approx) and then saved it cuz, lets face it, 1972 exp from 1 guy is save worthy, but it takes so long and if one gets a hold of ya with that incredibly powerful spell, yer toast.

2) I changed one of my wizards into a bard rather early (after learning al lvl 3 spells) and I dont know if that was a mistake, A) can I change back into a wizzy? B) How many spell lvls are there? Same with warrior, changed one of them to a barbarian rather early, wrong move?

3) How does one go about using spell books? I have a book "Cure Poison" that I wish to know how to use it.

Ha, the good old Mantraps. You're lucky you're not playing on Hard, you'd get 4 of them

For your mage, yes, it was a mistake but one easily fixable. Once you've attained level 7 in Moon, just change to warlock and then you can invest in Sun and Stone again.

To use books, you must go into your inventory screen. Just has Nanobyte said, if you can learn the spell, you will have an invoke button when you right click on the book. Just click on invoke and you'll learn (Cure poison is a Vine spell, so only priests (warlock assended from priests included) and rangers should be able to learn it at your point in the game).

Good luck and keep us posted.

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 03:55 AM   #4
Jazzid
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by newbie:

1) The way I dealt with the mantraps was to first run past them, and then right just before you got to the castle drawbridge. There is a spot of grass just by the river where you should be comparatively safe from the mantraps , and where you can cast spells on them. Try to switch magic schools when you've used all your fire spells.

2) There are 7 spell levels. As Ryanamur said, get to level 7 in moon skill, and then switch back to Warlock. The high level moon spells are very useful later on in the game, especially when questing around Dragonspire. Becoming a Barbarian with your warrior is not a bad idea, because they can learn to disarm traps. I'm using only four characters in my party, and have substituted my rouge for a barbarian.

3) To invoke the books you'll have to have reached level 4 in vine magic, which is the level when that spell should normally have been aviable for your priest/ranger.

GOOD LUCK!

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 10:14 AM   #5
jsalsb
Elminster

Only thing to add... Swiching warriors to barbarians early is a good move. As Jazzid says, you get disarm traps skill, plus good hit points nad certain attack advantages.
jsalsb is offline   Reply With Quote