Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 01:01 PM   #1
takakohazelnut

hi, i was trying to get arcane void for all of my party members so i got my rogue to keep stealing the scroll bk from jathil once each member handed it to him.. more than often, my dear rogue was caught stealing and he said something like 'you will pay for your crime!!'. so anyway i got worried. will that affect my game progress in anyway? oso, do you think a rogue with level 4 pickpocket can actually steal the ore back from the stout king cos that's where i am headed to next...
thanks everyone!
Old 06-14-2001, 01:28 PM   #2
mikeyg123
The Magister

welcome

stealing from jathil wont hurt the game, but u could reload before it, and no i dont think u can steal the ore back, but u can steal his key to go to the treasure, but dont do that untill u have the armor

hope that helps

------------------
"if u dont like sex,.... get out of the kitchen!!!"
mikeyg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 02:04 PM   #3
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

As far as Janthil goes, are you ready to face a 25 Gezerites ambush past the last town. The bad thing about it is that the first thing they do is cast MANY Firestorms, Meteorstorms, Icestorms over your party. Just to make matters worst, about half of them cast Merlin's Shield so that you can't get back to them with magic (the others still have Arcane Void remember). Then, if you survived the initial attack, they go at you like crazy with hands and feet plus staffs. They are super monks or something. Anyway, if Janthil is still in front of you, try giving him the scroll back and say something about the graveyard. If you're lucky, he'll take the scroll back, he'll warn you not to steal again and he'll remove the Arcane Void from that character. Your other option is to remove Janthil from the face of the earth before he warns is friends.

As far as stealing from the King goes, try to have your skill around the 6-7 mark.

Did I get you going about the Janthil thing. Good, it won't happen, but don't steal again thief

To Saz: sorry once again for getting you all psyched up!

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 06-14-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 02:09 PM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeyg123:

...and no i dont think u can steal the ore back, but u can steal his key to go to the treasure, but dont do that untill u have the armor

Yes, you can steal the ore back (when he's going like crazy forging you an armor). You can also steal the key from him to go to the treasure vaults if you're not going after raskalion or don't want to get the ore in the caves. There is a dragon armor in the "secret" vault just to the right of Freyedies.

Old 06-14-2001, 07:45 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:

Did I get you going about the Janthil thing. Good, it won't happen, but don't steal again thief

You didn't, Ryanamur. I've learned.

-Saz

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 07:50 PM   #6
andora20
Manshoon

Try casting the charm spell on him after u steal, he will be nice then, I did the same with Torin, I attempted to steal the dragon arrow from him and he caught me. I could still get the quest for my other characters, but he wouldn't even trade with the rogue

------------------
Carpe Diem, Carpe Jugulem
andora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 12:51 AM   #7
Fantaghiro
Dungeon Master

I never had to steal from Janthil - when my characters got the quest, they each got a scroll. Poor guy, same message six times and he's still wandering around out there.

My Assassin didn't have any trouble stealing back dragon arrows for my newly promoted Rangers, though.

I never tried stealing from the king. One Dragon Armour is all I needed.
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 11:09 AM   #8
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
You didn't, Ryanamur. I've learned.

-Saz

Glad to hear that Saz. I chuckled when I wrote it thinking about the growing mushrooms
Old 06-15-2001, 01:39 PM   #9
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
As far as Janthil goes, are you ready to face a 25 Gezerites ambush past the last town. The bad thing about it is that the first thing they do is cast MANY Firestorms, Meteorstorms, Icestorms over your party. Just to make matters worst, about half of them cast Merlin's Shield so that you can't get back to them with magic (the others still have Arcane Void remember). Then, if you survived the initial attack, they go at you like crazy with hands and feet plus staffs. They are super monks or something. Anyway, if Janthil is still in front of you, try giving him the scroll back and say something about the graveyard. If you're lucky, he'll take the scroll back, he'll warn you not to steal again and he'll remove the Arcane Void from that character. Your other option is to remove Janthil from the face of the earth before he warns is friends.

As far as stealing from the King goes, try to have your skill around the 6-7 mark.

Oh is THAT all? I thought you'll have to battle with Jathil but from the looks from him, he might beat you up with a wet noodle...
I stole from Jathil before but... didn't get caught.... hmmm...

adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote