Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2001, 02:05 PM   #1
Joffar
Welcomed New User

Hi, i've been playing w&w for about a week now and only now i think i'm getting the hang of it but i still have some questions.
1.Is it possible solo through the game? If so which class do you guys think is best and how should his stats be?
2.Is there any way of altering your base stats(strenght etc.)manually without having to create a new charachter if your not pleased with the stats. Also is there an easier way to get some starting gold without having to create a lot of other charachters and deleting them?
3.Is there something in the game like a bag of holding in bg2?

thx.
Joffar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 02:19 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Many players have gone solo - usually on a replay of the game, but it is possible. As for which class - tough question. Fighter because they have a better chance of surviving at the beginning? Rogue because they will be able to open chests so you can get better equipment and cash? Wizard because they can do some offensive magic? Cleric because they can heal? I guess if I was going to start a solo game I'd start with a fighter and change him to a Paladin as quickly as possible.

Unless you want to hack your file character creation is a pretty straight forward deal. Obviously to go solo you're going to want a character with some really great stats!
There is a gold cheat (unpatched version) which requires that you have at least 2 characters - save your game outside of town with all the gold pooled to one character, enter and go to the inn, pool the gold to the other character, remove the one that had the gold and then add him back again, and then pool to the other character. Each time you remove and then readd the character that had the gold outside the gates, he'll have all that gold again.

There is no bag of holding (unless you want to carry around dead characters so that they can hold items for your character without taking EX)

Wyv

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 02:25 PM   #3
Jason
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello Joffar
I used the create/delete method to get a lot of gold at the start, but a friend of mine told me all he did was create 5 characters, add them to the party, pool the gold, remove those 5 from the party, then just add them and pool gold again, not sure if this works(maybe it is exactly what Wyvern is talking about) but he told me it did, so i'm pretty sure it will. Hope this helps
Good Luck!!!
Jason!!

[This message has been edited by Jason (edited 03-30-2001).]
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 02:27 PM   #4
Joffar
Welcomed New User

hm, how can i find my charachter-file, i only found save-files and i don't seem to able to find something that relates to my charachter directly so i can alter some stats,

thx for your fast reply
Joffar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 04:54 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You characters information is within the gamexx.sav files. If you're going to try and mess with their stats - make a backup first!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 05:47 PM   #6
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

It is possible to go solo (until the Skull Castle anyway -that's where I'm at now in my first try through the game). Here's the progression I would suggest to get a real Zeus:

Start as an Elf Wizard. Once you've reach level 7 in Stonecraft, change to a Ranger (I did all this before I started the Crypt). Once you've reach level 7 in Vinecraft, change to Paladin (did this halfway through the Crypt). After level 7 in Spiritcraft, change to Warlock (I changed halfway through Serpent Temple). After level 7 in Fiendcraft, change to a Samourai (I did this on my way to Shurugeon Castle but I suggest you get all the spells that you need in realms other than Moon before you change). After Level 7 in Suncraft, change to Ninja (I did this just before I started the Stouts Mine). After level 7 in Suncraft, change to Assassin (before the boogres).

Now you have a God who has all realms of magic and that is quite capable with his swords (or hands). Also, don't use your Anks before you've max'd out the skill. If you do this, you'll be able to have all your skill around 21-24 before you start the Skull Castle. I also made the change to Barbarian, Bard and Monk before I became an Assasin. But you don't really have to do that. Also, make sure you join all the guilds as soon as possible and do all the quests.

One last note: you don't need to cheat to do this - just a little patience. But I recommend that you create 2 caracters just to act as squire to hold your equipment (leave them at the town Inn so they don't cost you experience pts).

Enjoy.

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 03-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 03-30-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 06:09 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Do make sure to take the "squire" (I do like that name much better than "mule") out of the inn and save just outside the gate from time to time, as the Inn has a very nasty habit of eating items. Also, don't give any valuable quest items to the "squire" to hold, or you'll probably be knocking on Wyvern's door very soon...

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 06:38 PM   #8
Balgin
Elminster

With respect to what Ryanamur and Saz said about a "squire" I prefer to call mine "Sancho Panza" (read up on the original if you haven't twigged already). Although personally I prefer the company of a party here are my opinions on playing alone (based on some limited and honestly boring research playing all starting classes alone with different races): Wich class?- Why, any that you particularly like the idea of. Wich race? (see the above comments pertaining to race).

And why would I call my squire "Sancho Panza"? Maybe it's got something to do with my rosy eyed attidtude to role playing in general (and the way that my group currently plays). If you haven't twigged yet it's because the master goes by the suffix of "de la Mancha".

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 06:39 PM   #9
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Thanks for the tip. I didn't loose anything to date. I guess the patch really makes a difference for that.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 07:19 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

So, Balgin, you've battled Kerielle's Windmill yet?

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote