Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2001, 09:52 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER
Sazerac, Editor
Contributing Photojournalist: Lexus

SPECIAL ISSUE!! TORIN AND ERATHSMEDOR FRIENDS AT LAST

A very special and happy news bulletin: The long-term feud between Torin and Erathsmedor over the former's assertion that the Dragon was responsible for the death of his father, is finally at an end. The two have made a full reconciliation, and are now fast friends.

Torin, son of the late Grunaxe, famous Samurai Warrior of Ishad N'ha, was quoted as saying, "I have been much mistaken. I let myself be blinded by my sense of honor and my conviction as to who was right, not 'what' was right. Proof was brought to me that my father's death was brought about by the pernicious S'Keser Da, who has now met an end to her own evil life. I am now here to protect Erathsmedor, not to slay him."

A follow-up interview with the Ancient Dragon of the Shire, Erathsmedor, indicated that the dragon was very pleased with the outcome. "This is how misunderstandings grow between races," Erathsmedor said. "How much nicer it is when beings can grow beyond their narrow viewpoints and embrace others for their majesty and beauty as living creatures, and not despised things to be hunted or destroyed. Ah, if only we had such enlightened beings as Torin in my youth. Well, that was another time, and another place."

All of the Shire is happy at the news of the reconciliation. Hearing from Lord Barrenhawk that much of Erathsmedor's bad reputation was stemming from the dragon's nearsightedness while hunting game, Hephaestus, the dragon's gnomish roomate, has set about making his companion a very large set of spectacles. "It'll help him with his letter reading, too," Hephaestus was quoted as saying. "There's many books that Erathsmedor hasn't been able to read lately, and I didn't even know about it! Poor fellow. We'll have him fixed up again very soon."

Many thanks to Lexus, for this very heartwarming picture and wonderfully positive ending to a story that would have otherwise been left to chance.

Keep watching for updates to The Gael Serran Examiner. Remember: Minds that need Examining want to KNOW!

-Sazerac, Editor.

__________________________________________________ _
EDITOR'S NOTE: Normally, I do not produce GS Examiners this close together. This one, however, was a very special edition that just had to be shared. Once again, I would like to thank Lexus for a wonderful picture and inspiration for a story, and to comment on how wonderful it is to have players who seek peaceful and happy resolutions to gaming scenarios rather than resorting to out-and-out "hack 'n' slash" to solve everything. Thank you, Lexus.

-Sazerac

------------------
Back issues of the Gael Serran Examiner now available!
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 12:10 AM   #2
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

I agree, its a good one. I love happy endings!!!Thank you, thank you, thank you for this wonderful conclusion to a knawing situation.

Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 07:13 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

BRAVO!!!!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!!

Truly Excellent!!!!

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 07:45 AM   #4
Elara
The Magister

Warm and fuzzy.. awww

Nice to see Torin unbend a little too.
And those are going to be some mighty big spectacles! Sure would love to see a shot of ol' Erathie flying around with those on, hehe!!

Elara
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 11:47 AM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Wow, thats a great shot!

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 03:34 PM   #6
Lexus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wow, Sazerac, it's indeed exellent. How did you manage to write such a wonderful story in such a short time? You did a really great job. Thanks a lot.

------------------
May dragons always be in thy dreams...
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 07:45 AM   #7
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quite unusual I'll admit
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 04:01 PM   #8
Dying Sun
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nice, Saz! Somehow I've missed the examiners until now. Would you like me to put a link to the examiners on the Archive?

------------------
Who's going to wear my sandals stained with cherry soda? We will, We will!----
Dying Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 04:15 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sun-slip - well about time you got a link to the Examiners!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 04:46 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Slip...thanks! Yes, that'd would be great!

-Sazerac

(2nd time to try to post this...the forum is BAD today!!)
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote