Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2001, 02:30 PM   #1
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Just received a new quest in Brimloch Roon's Thieves Guild - find the Talon's Fang - a dagger supposedly lost in the Western Seas when a pirate was poisoned and then dumped overboard by his ex-buddies.

The quest only appeared when I stopped in with two thieves. I assume it's one of those "item appears only after accepting the quest" missions. I've searched both Western and Eastern seas using Spirit Eye and have opened all chests reachable in the overland region without success (including a sunken chest south of Bloodbeard's stomping grounds).

Any suggestions for a starting location? Thanks.
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 02:42 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The Talon's Fang is located in Collasium. But I've NEVER received this quest before! (Probably because I found the fang before resolving the Leprechaun).

It's in one of the chests in Collasium; that's all I know...as to which one, Oh well!

Looks like a new addition for your site! Cool, cool, a new quest!!!

-Sazerac

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 03-19-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 02:44 PM   #3
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks, Saz! I'm on it...

Rick
Old 03-19-2001, 04:05 PM   #4
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Found the Fang on the Mother of Crabs. It's worth 5000 GP and 5000 EXP at the Guild. Will add it to my site - thanks, again, Saz.

Rick
Old 03-19-2001, 05:20 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You're welcome, Rick! So it was on the Mother of Crabs...wow. Well, I knew I had gotten it in Collasium!

Thanks once again for the info, too. I'm going to try for it as well. I KNEW there had to be a 3rd Thieves Guild quest!!

BTW, has anyone ever found a 3rd Town Hall quest in Brimloch Roon? I'm only aware of the Centaur one and the Hydra one.

-Sazerac
Old 03-19-2001, 06:24 PM   #6
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't think there is one. Using a hex editor I scanned through the file: GMDATA.PAK which has all of the towns people's text, and Duke Brinsly only had those two quests. Here's the pertinent text:

Duke Brinsly Gineleng Job.I have been receiving reports of gangs of wild Centaurs roaming the isles....Their leader is the one called Gineleng....He's rumored to be desperate and depraved....Driven mad by too many insect bites....Find this deranged Centaur....And put an end to him and his band of renegade hoofers....Will you do this for me?.Yes.No.Very well....You'll have to track him down, there's no telling where he's hiding out....Good luck!....I see....Well, the job is still available if you know anyone who is willing to take it....

Duke Brinsly 3-Headed Hydra Quest.I have a most dangerous mission, if you think you're ready....On a mountain island far to the west, the Isle of Sands, come tales of a fearsome three-headed Hydra....They say that it has a breath of fire....And of ice....And of poison gas....And is more monsterous in size than any known creature....They say that it can't be killed by ordinary means....And that it stands guard over a pass through the island mountains....If the tales are true, it is a formidable beast indeed....No one has dared to face this challenge, and no one knows what lies beyond....And though I wouldn't want you to get hurt....I am willing to pay you 10000 pieces of gold if you can kill the beast....Will you accept this quest?.Yes.No.Oh, what a brave champion you are!....I knew you were the one for the job the moment I first saw you!....I must warn you that the task will not be easy....Some say that the Hydra is protected by dark magic, and no mortal can slay it....But you know how these tales are often just foolish superstition

Rick
---------------

P.S. Here's the Talon's Fang quest:

Guild Talon's Fang Quest.I'll tell ya a story....Once upon a while ago, there was this mean old mate who went by name o' Talon....He was a wretched cus, always pickin' fights and takin' good men down....An' everyone said 'twas his black knife what made 'im wicked so....They say the knife had a glow o' pure evil, and it was known as Talon's Fang....But one night out ta sea, the other mates put the bile o' spoilt fish guts in his ale....Poisoned him somethin' awful....An' while he was a gaggin' and a pukin' and a dyin', the mates threw him an' his evil Fang overboard....An' he disappeared into the briney sea....Find me this evil knife, the blade called Talon's Fang....An' I'll make it worth your trouble....Do ya want this quest?.Yes.No.

Guild Talon's Fang Quest Complete.Well blow me down!....Ya found the blade o' pure evil, Talon's Fang!....Mmmm, it's a wicked lookin' thing alright....I know lot'sa saps who'll pay a purty piece fer it....Haw, I jus' love my line o' work!....I'm payin' ya 5000 gold for findin' it....And 5000 experience points too!

[This message has been edited by Xignal (edited 03-19-2001).]
Old 03-19-2001, 06:56 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The tome of many errors also lists no third town quest in Brimloch Roon.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 08:04 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I wonder why it was left out? All other town quests and guild quests have 3 per town (especially since now we know there's a third Thieves' guild quest in BR)...

Oh well.

-Saz
Old 03-20-2001, 07:52 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The "Tome" also doesn't list the 3rd Pawn Shop quest.

(shrug)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 09:00 AM   #10
Bear
Dungeon Master

Hi. New registered user here but I have been following this forum for a month
or two now.

BTW Xignal, your website has saved me hours upon hours of hair-pulling
frustration. Many thanks!

I am very curious about exactly what it takes to trigger this quest. In my first playthrough I did everything in the "correct" order but after returning the stone of Clover, Miruth said that he didn't have any more quests.

In my second playthrough I used Vanish to complete the leprechaun quest early
and Miruth still had nothing for me.

Is it possible that you have to have entered the Collasium before the quest
triggers?

Anyway, I just finished the Collasium and I did definitely find the Talon's
Fang on the Mother of Crabs.

Also, I just wanted to mention what an enjoyable forum this is. I sometimes
read the RPGvault W & W forum and they spend a lot of time insulting or
belittling each other. Much friendlier here!
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote