Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2002, 01:24 PM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

I do the quest for the Halruaan mage in the thieves guild and no matter if I do it the sneaky way or the violent way he atacks me. That may be ok, but the whole thieves guild atacks also! This has never happened to me before and I wonder why.
Has anybody got a clue?

(Also, can somebody tell me where the helm of glory is?)
Old 11-10-2002, 01:43 PM   #2
Midget Gems

Small Spoilers !!

Good point Tyrion, that Mage has set you up and always turns hostile, but it ought to be possible to avoid starting a mass fight with the thieves. Maybe someone got caught in the cross-fire.

As for the Helm of Glory that's to be found in the very north of the city (I think). There aren't too many Helms in the game so it's worth going out of your way to find them and the guy who owns this one is quite a tough fighter if I recall him correctly.
Old 11-10-2002, 02:34 PM   #3
Tyrion
Quintesson

But noone gets caught in any crossfire, they just turn hostile when teh mage does. Can it have something to do with the fact that I have the items the first time going in there. I don't leave the building before completing the quest.

Is this a bug?
Old 11-10-2002, 09:00 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
The other Thieves will not turn hostile to you, IF you have already completed Nalen Darkwalk's quests correctly by the time you talk to Alatos again to claim your reward for getting the skyship components.

And yes, Jardak is indeed a decently tough fighter.

[ADD:] And the title of this thread is quite appropriate: "I am Resar, a mighty Halruuan Mage! And now, to prove how smart I am, I shall attack your very experienced party all by myself, without attempting to cast a single spell!"

[ 11-10-2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 11-11-2002, 02:18 PM   #5
Tyrion
Quintesson

Yes i found that odd!
(He is supposed to be this mighty mage, you expect more)
Old 11-12-2002, 06:14 AM   #6
Grungi
Banned User

yeah but by the time you get to him your normally at least level 5 so too hard for him [img]tongue.gif[/img] he was expecting a bunch of level 1's probably that he could stab to death without wasting magic [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote