Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2001, 12:06 AM   #1
GrimReaper

Oh, I'm not frustrated with the Big Oaken Dude. I am just interested in the seed that he possesses. My solo guy isn't very good at climbing trees or anything and I am not sure that I can finish my quests as I would like.

Nothing personal against the poor bon-fire fodder. Really. Just like to have options. XP's aside of course. Solo characters like leaping 20 levels at a time.
Old 01-26-2001, 12:17 AM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

GrimReaper: Do you realize there are other trees elsewhere that carry the seed you're looking for?

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 12:58 AM   #3
GrimReaper

Only from these posts. I used the tree only as an example. I haven't actually met him/her/it yet. I was just wondering about the NPCs in general.

I had seen several posts about needing a seed for a certain quest and not being able to get it when you needed it. There were suggestions about stealing it from the Oak, as well as several others.

I will have to explore the possibilities when I get there. Not anytime soon though, because I started another game, yet again.

Thanks for the input. I don't generally kill anything I'm not really supposed to kill. But, then again, I am just now starting to explore with none traditional methods. This is the first game where you have to actually stack things to get to certain areas that others will miss.
Old 01-26-2001, 06:58 AM   #4
GrimReaper

Playing solo, one must always be careful of that Mavin Oath Thingy. One can't rely on a rogue (not the literal role) party member with antisocial tendencies to do all the dirty work while the poor innocent Mavin Quest person is distracted looking at a pretty butterfly.

So... are there any NPCs that I should NOT off? I generally leave NPCs like Bilbump, Rethpian, Kierelle, etc alone. However, this dragon, the Big Notty Oak Guy, Fang Faced Sphinx, etc just might be due for a A** whoopin'.

Has anyone experienced problems with the Mavin Oath after sending one of these NPC's to stay with Garreth in the Great Gael Saren in the beyond?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-26-2001, 08:23 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Unfortunately the oath is not enforced.
You're free to be as evil, and wicked as you want without consequence!

Just do their quest (if applicable) prior to going postal.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 10:06 AM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

I find it slightly disappointing, when you have to decide whether you are cheating (as in buying and selling schemes) or whether doing a bad deed (such as killing an NPC) is right or wrong in a game. The game really should do the monitoring of such behavior and then we should have to deal with the consequences.

Still, I really like this game, but I think it could have been so much more.

I've checked the other board (Heuristic) every day and while I don't post there anymore, I see a bad trend in poster's attitude toward the company from the very beginning. I can only see this as bad news in regards to a sequel (I hope I'm wrong). There doesn't seem to be much chance of seeing another in this vein from Bradley and I think there is much in this game to be expanded on and improved.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Mark
Old 01-26-2001, 11:53 AM   #7
Lily the Ranger

Gee, Grim . . . I understand the being frustrated with the Dragon and the Sphinx but why Oakenmuir? Just a nice tree standing there doing squats (got to admire the fellow for keeping in shape) . . . I must admit to a momentary lack in judgement (my alignment is good - no matter what the stats say) in my killing of Freyedies just to see if I could (restored game immediately). The only consequence was that I gave Cet a good chuckle (I assume it was his evil laughter) possibly making his head bigger.

skywalker: let's hope DW Bradley reads this board and uses our humorous attempts to diffuse frustration as a catalyst to create an improved sequel. I would LOVE it and there are loads of ideas here. Remember, us girls would like a bit more visual gratification! I do believe that if my characters take an oath, and we are to believe in the power of the gods/godesses of the game, that there should be a path . . . some sort of natural consequences for our behavior . . .
Old 01-26-2001, 01:01 PM   #8
skywalker
Banned User

So you know, I am the King of Restarts (I call it regaming). I restarted 5 times before I was comfortable with my character choices and how I was playing the game.

Mark