Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2001, 12:33 AM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, it is possible. On the options menu reset all quests. Create new characters - your old characters will still be there as well. By adding and removing them from the party while in the inn you can exchange equipment and whatever.

I found that the best time to change classes was when a warrior class reached between 5-10 levels. It seemed better to wait to change magic users until they reached level 14 and had learned the best of the higher level spells. My first class changes all took place around the time I was first exploring the Ishad N'ha area. Though the first levels on the new character classes were achieved very quickly, mid and higher levels took longer. Your changing class when you got to the Brimloch Roon area would greatly accerate the leveling process as the monsters there are worth far more experience. Personally, I like it that way!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 10:51 AM   #2
Erad

The best time to take on new role is when you get to brimloch roon (or something), i think.I went there with my warlock lvl 13, monk lvl 13, ninja lvl 13 (lol,they are all lvl 13's , barbarian, paladin and finally, a samurai.Then i decided i'll switch roles, to get new spells and traits (crusade rulz in skull castle).Anyway, i made my warlock a paladin,my monk paladin, my samurai paladin, and my barbarian a ranger (ever heard of dwarf rangers? man, they look funny with bows )and then i went to skull castle (already with crusade).After 10 minutes all my new chars were lvl 12 each, well, isnt it funny?I went to the city and made my warlock-paladin a samurai, my samurai-paladin a ninja, and my monk-paladin a warlock.Again, went back and made another 10 lvls.

And now, it IS stupid.I think there should be higher caps for leveling (making 10 levels in 5 minutes ISNT fun) like, raise experience ammount needed for leveling by.....lets say, 20 000.Each level.It'll take about 10 minutes now, ehh.Maybe it isnt a good idea after all..hmm, what about lessing amount of exp getting for killing monsters?
It can be a long discussion over this, so Im waiting for proposals (which wont make it into the game, but we may think on "how would it be")

Also, Im staring a new game in a second (after i finish this one) and im gonna make new party, but i want to give some stuff from the old party to a new one (including 4 tomes, hehe).Is it possible?
Old 01-01-2001, 02:38 PM   #3
Erad

What did I want to say? hm, ah yes.My warlock at lvl had all spells i wanted him to have(moon, stone, sun) .I wanted to keep playing him to the very end, but when i got all spells, i got little bored, so i changed.

In skull castle main objective is to get the staff off this lich which gets wacked later?
If yes, im moving on to tomb of anephas (is it the same Holy Temple that is ovverrun with Darkened one from do-jo quest?) and DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN i wished i had an assasin now ((( i found REALLY cool looking clothes (ninja type, but in red with better ac!!)..Ill get assasin next time then. If any of u good souls know where can i get assasins helm(coif?) and trousers? I want the full set!And then Im gonna enchant it, bless it &rename it

Yours
Old 01-01-2001, 02:47 PM   #4
Lily the Ranger

For fashion wear, I believe the thieves' guild under buy or buy special may have just the lovely shade of blood red you are hoping to acquire. Mussy is respendent in her scarlet assassin jammies. Am not certain how many side quests you have completed but if you have breathers and masks visit the temple of Isis, looks like a pyramid. Be prepared for some interigation from the guardian. Yes, the Darken One awaits you . . . with glee and malice.
Old 01-01-2001, 03:03 PM   #5
Erad

Its a pity I cant even edit biography....there isnt biography at all here.Damn, I liked that aspect in Icewind Dale (ID coz there U have party without son of god), made my characters feel like being more..human?No, more....forgot that word.

Anyway, on my second run Im gonna have a wampire in my party (prefferably the assasin-vampire) but, before i do that, i have an important question: during day vampire skills are lesser, during night--better.If Im in dungeon, where there is no light, does it count as a night?Anyone who read Ravenloft know what I mean, and propablly wonders the same.

If yes, vampire WILL be unstopabble.After all, 4/5 of the game is a dungeon crawl.
And, how does it affect anyway.U do more dmg, attack faster or what?

PS.Anybody wanna know why there is no ingame spell and traits desciption?The answer is really simply and anyone living in east side of europe knows the answer i think
Old 01-01-2001, 03:17 PM   #6
Lily the Ranger

Living in Alaska I would be one of the last to know but I wish there was . . . an ingame description. Not been a vampire yet . . . but if you are planning to use the vampire ring make sure to install the patch! Heard it makes the game crash.
Old 01-01-2001, 03:27 PM   #7
Erad

Its because of pirates.Pirates sell un-original games without manuals and other stuff, so a man that bought a pirate game have to wish there will be in-game desciption of that and that I bet some1 at Heruistic Park was close to pirate underground, hehe

PS, oh and I dont plan on using vampiric ring.A vampire must live with his curse, and there wasnt, arent and wont be anything that can help that except feeding on hot-blooded organisms.....or the cursed sunlight, which can reduce a vampire to ashes
Old 01-01-2001, 03:36 PM   #8
Lily the Ranger

Too crafty! So i must give up convenience because of pie rats! Lets cook 'em and eat 'em!

But the ring will regenerate hit points. You like living on the edge, don't you?
Old 01-01-2001, 03:42 PM   #9
Erad

Yep.

2 more questions (not the last ones, heh): where is the lich that i take heart from? and where can i get dragon breath trait?

Is there a chance for being a werewolf? Oh, and think about that:U get vampirised, then go to skull castle(more vampires).....do you think they will greet you as their own?AND yet another speculation:Vampire cant swim in water.But, I could (took vampirism for a while, then i reloaded).This aspect isnt worked well, i think.
And finallyo they train you to zenmaster at any temple or at any do-jo?

Sincerly
Old 01-01-2001, 03:55 PM   #10
Lily the Ranger

First you will meet the Liche in two different dungeons . . . he gives you something you ?need? at skull castle . . . and you will find his heart at Cet's pyramid . . . he pretty much tells you what to do with it so I would kill him before you get it. Then you must make sure a FEMALE character burns it and she must report back to the temple to become valkyrie, I have a theory that she must belong to the temple guild to be recognised.

Dragon breath is acquired by not brushing your teeth for several days and eating spicy foods. I think, I got it as a fire spell. Not sure.

Zenmaster is gotten by the character with the four tomes at the Dojo. Brimlock Roon. I used my monk. Um, some people transfer the tomes to other characters before the sensai finishes his speech and then that next character can become zenmaster next. I have never tried this.

You will have to request Undead options for WW II if there is a sequel. We need to go back and find Wyverns Wonderful Wishlist thread! Lots of requests on that one!

Luck! Lily