Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2000, 05:52 AM   #1
mystik

I have a monk which cannot learn vine spell beyond level3. The monk is currently at levl 7 and has a vine spell of level 6. Can someone help me out on this? I really need spells like cure poison and cure.
Old 12-11-2000, 06:06 AM   #2
xenotoca

monks cannot learn vine spells, only priests, rangers and zenmasters. I assume he was a priest. The problem with changing classes is that whilst they retain the spell classes they were fluent in thay can only learn spells to half the level that they were before changing classes. level 7 = level 3 vine spells. It is best to reach level 15 in any class before swapping. I am not sure if continuing to increase vine spell level by training will increase the ability to continue learning new spells. ie if you train to level 8 can you learn level 4 spells. Perhaps one of the stats guru`s on the board can help answer this.
Old 12-11-2000, 07:26 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Yes to that last one Xenotoca - if mystic raises his/her vinecraft skill to 8 he/she will be able to learn level 4 spells. There is a limitation though - you will only be able to increase your spellcraft skill to level 12, and thus level 6 spells will be the best you are able to learn. The only way to learn level 7 vine is to switch to zenmaster, valkyrie, or ranger (and get to level 7).
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 03:23 PM   #4
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I changed to ranger, (had to go through samurai because the monk wasn't in the right guild.) The ranger could learn vine spells, including those accessed by training, but only after she had reached the level of the original priest ... NOT the level of the monk or Samurai.

In the meantime, the ranger could use the spells the priest already had.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 11:38 AM   #5
Onabe

Doesn't a Priest who ascends to Warlock keep his normal level in Vinespells?
According to the manual Warlocks are not limited from any schools they already know.
I have a warlock but they went from level 3 wizard. I am now level 3 Warlock and I can learn Sun spells equal to my Sun skill level. I would assume this works for priests also.