Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2003, 11:32 AM   #1
Snowking
Dungeon Master

Just curious,but i would like to know what are your favourite weapons.I personal favourite are scimiters and hammers.It's a pity that there aren't many of them.I wonder why the designers didn't include aegis fang in the game.
Snowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:41 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Favorite weapons? That's easy - my paladin would be absolutely naked without Cera Sumat (the holy avenger). [img]smile.gif[/img] The short sword of brilliance (or something similiar) is also really cool. And there is a long bow that my ranger just whoops butt with. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think Aegis Fang is out of the game as (1) Wolfgir wouldn't be caught dead without it (well, that's not strictly true if you have read all of the books by Salvatore that he appears in) and (2) if I remember right, the time frame of the game occurs before Drizzt and company make an appearance - so Bruennor wouldn;t have even crafted the hammer yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:57 PM   #3
Bloodtitan
Dungeon Master

axe is mine. widowthrough and its HOF counterpart kickass. oh and of course if you get really lucky you can find the randomdropitem : massive greataxe of flame +5. best weapon you can get.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:03 PM   #4
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Such a good question...I'll go with "Scimitar of Souls" dualled with...Brutal Impact...? It's the hammer you get from that priest of Xvim in the Hand. Shame there weren't more 2 Hander swords in the game...
Old 07-02-2003, 09:43 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

For hand to hand weapons, I prefer long swords and daggers, I'm not a fan of axes, and Scimitar are just too weak.

I really like bows, too.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:24 AM   #6
Snowking
Dungeon Master

Talking about weapons,I have some doubts.Two handed weapons are supposed to do more damage.My fighter has 25 strength,but when he uses two handed swords,he does the same amount of damage as when wielding holy avenger.Why is this so?
Snowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 05:30 AM   #7
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Well, the obvious answer would be: because the Holy Avenger is an extremely powerful one-handed sword.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 06:10 PM   #8
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Have you guys seen the HOF model of Holy Avenger (no doubt you have). It's...really...overpowered...though I suppose the freakishly hard fight you must win to get it might be worth it...
Old 07-04-2003, 03:52 AM   #9
Bloodtitan
Dungeon Master

if you are looking for pure damage use 2handed axes and give that char all your luck-improving items you have and cast the spell luck from time to time on him. oh yeah i love my talos priestress dealing ~120 damage with every 3.-4. hit [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

edit: this way i found out : dead trolls just have damage-absorb 100 and die if they are hit with more damage muahahahaha.

[ 07-04-2003, 03:53 AM: Message edited by: Bloodtitan ]
Old 07-05-2003, 10:06 PM   #10
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Malavon's Rage:
Have you guys seen the HOF model of Holy Avenger (no doubt you have). It's...really...overpowered...though I suppose the freakishly hard fight you must win to get it might be worth it...
The HOF Holy Avenger isn't overpowered. If you've played HOF far enough to actually earn the HOF HA, you'll realize that none of the HOF weapons are overpowered compared to the strength of your enemies.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote