Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2002, 10:26 AM   #1
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

What do you think?

Aasimar Paladin of Mystra

Aasimar Cleric

Gold Dwarf Fighter

Aasimar Ranger

Half Elf Mage (Abjurer)

Tiefling Rogue

All at level 5 or 6.

Should I start to multiclass?. I think my rogue would benefit from a coupl of levels of fighter, bad or good idea?.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:33 AM   #2
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

I agree. Dual the rogue to fighter or Ranger. Them dual wield with short sword and dagger.
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 11:36 AM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Desdicado:
What do you think?

Aasimar Paladin of Mystra

Aasimar Cleric

Gold Dwarf Fighter

Aasimar Ranger

Half Elf Mage (Abjurer)

Tiefling Rogue

All at level 5 or 6.

Should I start to multiclass?. I think my rogue would benefit from a coupl of levels of fighter, bad or good idea?.
A bit melee heavy, but this party will get the job done.

I'd actually suggest that if you want to multiclass the Rogue, MC in Ranger levels.

What would you get from Ranger levels?

* free dual wielding when wearing light of no armor (not a problem for a Rogue)
* Stealthy skills are ranger class skills
* Ranger magics if your WIS is high enough, if you take enough Ranger levels (and if you care)

What would you get from Fighter levels?

some extra Feats

What is common to taking either Fighter or Ranger levels?

* 1 point in all martial weapons
* sheild proficiency
* the general "fighter" BAB and HP bonuses

If you really, REALLY crave those extra couple of feat points, go for fighter levels.

But if you want to just "tank up" your rogue a little without losing most of your rogue skill progression, stick with Ranger levels.

A 50/50 ranger/rogue can be a nasty little bass-turd... I have a dual-wielding strongheart halfling 50/50 ranger/rogue that's a low STR (10-12 STR) and high DEX (20) finesse build and is surprisingly dangerous in melee with his 2 short swords.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 11:35 PM   #4
Sr. Paladin Richek
Banned User

EGADS! tasslehoff, my thief, has 2 short swords +4, and surprisingly deadly only tho he has only one into small blades. But he duz have wepon finesse.
Sr. Paladin Richek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 09:21 AM   #5
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks folks, have given my Thief 1 level of fighter and also given my Wizard a level of Barbarian.
I've dumped my Ranger and taken a Sorceror. I am considering a switch with someone for a Druid now, hmmm?.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:44 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

This is the great beauty of the Dual-Classing system with 3E rules innit?
You start out a game with a Ranger then decide you don't like/need/want this class anymore, you have been wanting to try out the Druid class in this game and voila! You can start progressing in Druid and never go back to Ranger again if you dont want to. No hassle and no real long term penalties. It sure beats the hell out of halfing your experience forever.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:44 PM   #7
SomeGuy
Unicorn

You just described my usual party!
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote