Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2002, 11:36 AM   #1
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I have found the drinking horn, (how? no idea) but now I am supposed to appease the ghost of the lost hunter whasisname. I have found a frozen grave in the area he is supposed to haunt, and the Dead Hunter says that he will help me if I solve the problem of the lights, which I haven't a clue on. Spoilers wanted.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:00 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

You have to go through the Fell Wood, find and kill the will o' wisps. Basically, it's the same path you took to find the horn, and then on from there. Use wilderness lore to help find the right path.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 02:00 PM   #3
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Sounds like you might be trying to do two different quests at once... Correct me if I am wrong. The drinking horn goes to the Undead Guy on the SAME screen as the wandering village, he is in the south end of it. The frozen grave in the next map over,the one with the women in the tent and such, is the grave of Kyosti. He was a member of the village who met with an "uncertain end" and requires closure. To help HIM you have to kill the will O wisps by te big tree in the center of the forest. But you cant do this until the drinking horn goes to the undead guy at the first map. The Fell Wood was designed BADLY and parts of it dont open up until some quests are done, such as the children and the drinking horn.
Old 11-10-2002, 03:23 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I've already done the "return the horn to the Barrow Wight quest", and am looking for the ghostly hunter, whom I suspect his wife's lover did for.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 03:55 PM   #5
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Hey he's innocent until proven guilty [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 11:17 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I think the ghostly warrior may be found wandering around the area just before the Fell Wood, the same area as Limha's tent.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 03:37 AM   #7
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

He is wandering about... at the top right... near the wolves' den. But he doesn't appear until you kill all the will o' wisps (which are REALLY annoying). For more details go to www.skullport.com
That has been posted so many times that they should make a big link at the top of the forum "For a detailed walkthrough go to www.skullport.com"
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Callum Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 09:35 AM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Argh, the Skullport site isn't responding. How do I get to the Will O' the Wisps? I can just find four areas, which I call Ghost Warrior, Wolf's Den< Many Trails/Skeletons, and Stump/Skeleton, and keep doubling back.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 12:41 PM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Here is the route to the wisps, starting from the Warning Ghost in the first section:

NE, N, E, E (Dryad)

SE, NE, SE, NW, SE (Circle where you found the horn)

E (Pond), SE, NE, NW (Creek)

NW, NE, SE (wisps)

After you kill them, exit SW, then return to the woods and speak to the ghost again. After that, Kyosti's spirit will appear at his grave.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 03:03 PM   #10
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Many thanks, Nightowl. That did the trick. [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]