Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2002, 05:09 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

enchantment focus? evo focus?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 05:17 PM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Depends on the type of Cleric - although I think in general, a SF/GSF in Necromancy can definitely come in handy. SF/GSF in evocation is nice for Clerics of Talos and Lathander too. Talos Clerics should take Scion of Storms, Lathander's should take Spirit of Flame.

Lightning Reflexes isn't bad for them as that's their weakest save type. Subvocal casting is nice; combat casting is useful too if you use them in a way where they get exposed to melee alot.
Old 10-26-2002, 05:45 PM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

Combat casting (+4 Concentration rolls while casting) tops the list. Discipline (+1 Will saves, +2 Concentration rolls) is another good one. When you're the party medic you never want to have that Heal spell interupted when one of your tanks is nearly dead!

Don't bother with Extra or Improved Turning. Turn Undead is a little used ability in IWD2. By the time you come to an area where there's lots of undead, you're plenty powerful enough to deal with them without extra or improved turning.

Spirit of Flame or Scion of Storms might be useful, but you need 10 points in spellcraft before you can select these. I've never bothered having my cherics put even 1 point into spellcraft, let alone 10.

Sub-vocal Casting. Can't hurt.

Beyond these, I tend to go for weapon or combat feats.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 08:13 PM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

improved intiate is useless. +1 intiative roll bonus is NOTHING
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 04:36 AM   #5
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Yeah it depends on the Cleric in terms of going for Scion of Storms or Spirit of Flame. I have a Human cleric of Talos, just needed a 10 Int to get 2 skill points per level. So I took Concentration and Spellcraft (the latter just to 10). Now I'm splitting the skill points between Conc. and Diplomacy since some of the Talosian dialogue options are cool. Scion of Storms and the Talos domain spells makes him pack quite the offensive casting punch [img]smile.gif[/img] I have a 5 member group so I wanted my Cleric to be able to heal and dish out some damage (he's also a very good backup tank).
Old 10-27-2002, 05:09 AM   #6
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Great thing about a "Human Cleric" is you only need 3 intelligence to get 2 skill points... I have a VERY stupid/usefull cleric with only three intelligence. Im sure that if DnD3ER were true to life he would be running into trees and drooling on himself but as far as I can see there is NO downside to lowering your intelligence. I have noticed that character with REALLY low charisma get affected by Fear and Panic a lot more though.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:51 AM   #7
Nydlari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack of Speed:
Great thing about a "Human Cleric" is you only need 3 intelligence to get 2 skill points... I have a VERY stupid/usefull cleric with only three intelligence. Im sure that if DnD3ER were true to life he would be running into trees and drooling on himself but as far as I can see there is NO downside to lowering your intelligence. I have noticed that character with REALLY low charisma get affected by Fear and Panic a lot more though.
Um, I'm being jipped then. My stupid humans are only get 1 skill point a level. Is this a pre-patch thing?
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 08:23 AM   #8
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

"Great thing about a "Human Cleric" is you only need 3 intelligence to get 2 skill points... I have a VERY stupid/usefull cleric with only three intelligence. Im sure that if DnD3ER were true to life he would be running into trees and drooling on himself but as far as I can see there is NO downside to lowering your intelligence. I have noticed that character with REALLY low charisma get affected by Fear and Panic a lot more though."

Very interesting - I know the minimun # of skill points you can get is 1 per level, even with a 1 Int. I will have to try going lower with a Human and see if I get 2. I have a Monk in mind who I want to get 2 skill points per level but don't want to spend on Int with. Also that Cha and fear thing is interesting, I will have to give that anti-fear collar to said Monk (who will also be coyote ugly).
Old 10-27-2002, 10:49 AM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The rule for all humans, regardless of class, is they get one extra skill point per level. This may be being added in after the deduction for low int, because the rules state however stupid the char is, they always get at least 1 point at level up time. So a human may get 2 points, even for being an idiot.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote