Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2003, 02:24 PM   #1
Scoo Lightbringer
Welcomed New User

Hello folks, Scoo signing in. I´ve taken notice of IWD since it appeared in stores but never got to acquire it until last week as a PC best buy product (only had to shell out 15€ (thats Euro for those who cant display the symbol).

Tried out the demo that was supplied with BGII:SoA collector´s disc. What struck me was the intro movie and the music.. Got me really hooked. A very beautiful soundtrack indeed... Grand and intriguing..

Well, that ranting is me saying hello and querying about what made people take an interest in IWD [img]smile.gif[/img]

Scoo

[ 11-02-2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Scoo Lightbringer ]
Scoo Lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:34 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Firstly:
Hail and well met! I wish you luck with your search of knowledge in the Ironworks.
Secondly:
I started playing IWD because I liked it. It's the best answer I can come up with.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:13 PM   #3
kroma
Dungeon Master

Welcome Scoo Lightbringer!

I got into Icewind Dale through Baldurs Gate.

Me and a friend got well into the first Baldurs Gate game, and nearly completed it together (each of us taking it in turns at the controls, but both of us making the all important decisions). During the times that he was unavailable to play, I wanted something that I could be playing on my own. So for christmas a few years back, I got Icewind Dale.

Actually, I have yet to complete IWD, but I am finally at the very end of the game and hope to complete it and start work on Heart of Winter over the next few days... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 04:22 PM   #4
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

first off

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
WELCOME TO IW

I got started when I went to my cousins one time and he had it. I got really addicted and we went through most of the game together, I though it was so good I got it myself!
Old 11-02-2003, 04:25 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Welcome to IW! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

First i didn`t like it becuase i am more of a BG player. Than i said to myself:"Stop comparing it to BG II!" so i did and played it as it was.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 08:18 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The scenery.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 01:35 PM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I was looking for a good ropleplaying game and chanced upon BG.... I loved it so very much. when i heard about IWD i knew it would have to be just as good.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:17 AM   #8
kartetse
The Magister

I was looking for a RPG game after having finished Severance : Blade of Darkness (the best first person slasher of all time - IMHO ) I then happened across a special IWD + HoW deal and have not been disappointed!

Great game!

kartetse

kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 11:11 AM   #9
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I was looking for an RPG and this just looked so good.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 07:04 AM   #10
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

I had played Baldursgate 1+2 and i was wondering about Icewindale 1.So i tested it it was fun Cous in bg 2 you didnt fight an army in iwd you do.But the only bad thing whit iwd is : Too litle side questes.im more of a Baldurs gate fan.