Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2003, 04:45 AM   #1
ken
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have the mirror how do I find the seer? will someone help a wrinkly?
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 08:47 AM   #2
Lymond
Manshoon

SPOILER
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Welcome to the boards, ken!

You go back out the dwarf's cave and take a right (Up/North?). It curves around to the right and then there's a dead end.

Having the mirror will activate the entrance.

Lymond
Old 10-09-2003, 08:53 AM   #3
ken
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you Wrinklies are slow are we not?
Old 10-09-2003, 09:44 AM   #4
NobleNick
Quintesson

Ken,

. . . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Welcome to the forum! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

If you need more help, let us know!

What is a wrinkly?

~

(Minor HoW spoiler below, regarding when to do TotLM)

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

Lymond gave you the extremely shortened version. There is quite a bit of schlogging between the "bends around to the right," and the "dead end." However, in general your travels take you to the right until you can't go farther, and then the mirror opens a secret passage

(unsolicited advice and minor spoiler, below)

~
~
~
~

There is an obvious "next step" after visiting the seer. After you have completed this next step, you will be offered a boat ride to another location. It is best to return to Lonelywood before accepting the offer; since there are several very interesting things to do there in addition to restocking ammo (which will be very handy for completing HoW) and taking advantage of your last opportunity to start TotLM. Once you accept the boat ride, you never see Lonelywood again.

Edit: I hope that no one reading this thinks I am revealing too much. I wish someone would have revealed it to me: I was quite put out after completing HoW with most of my team lost due to lack of ammo, and getting returned to Kuldahar without the opportunity to start TotLM. That was well over 20 hours of game time that I now get to do over, with the same party. Maybe this time they will survive...

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 10-09-2003, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 11:24 AM   #5
ken
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am a wrinkly which is anyone over 50 years old I am playing my sons game on his computer but struggling cos I'm not that good.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:53 AM   #6
NobleNick
Quintesson

Ken,

What a riot! That is really funny: Gotta tell my wife that one!

Well, I shouldn't mind helping a "wrinkly," since I have less than ten years to go before I'm one! Have fun!

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
Old 10-10-2003, 05:15 PM   #7
ken
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To Lymond Re restocking Ammo I have a method which does not entail buying but Im certain that you all know of this. If you do know of this method is it permitted to tell or is it a total spoiler?I am a newcomer and am trying to offend nobody this method has its dangers.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:24 AM   #8
NobleNick
Quintesson

Ken,

Nice to have another player around who is considerate. You'll find that this describes virtually all the regulars here. You are usually pretty safe posting something you think is a spoiler in this manner: Put the word "spoiler" in the title, if it is a thread you are originating. (If you are replying to an existing thread, you obviously can not do this.) Then, in the message body, do something like this:

~

(Say something like, "Spoiler below....")

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

(Post your spoiler here.)

If the whole thread is just about spoilers, or if a whole bunch of spoilers have been posted in messages just previous to yours and the thread has degenerated to just flat out talking spoilers, or your spoiler is a minor one (i.e., it does not give away plot, surprises in the story, or details of key battles) then it appears acceptable to be a bit less careful in the amount of warning you give.

So go ahead and spoil me on this arrow restock thingy, would ya?

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
Old 10-14-2003, 09:52 AM   #9
ken
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Possible Spoiler below.
~~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
When I am Running Short Of useful ammunition I put all the ammunition into one character who I then export remove the ammunition and put it into other characters delete the original character then import I have then doubled my ammunition but be careful that the character you delete has not got quest items also when I have duplicated one off weapons the game came up with an incorrct weapon error message during a battle. Hope I'm not trying to teach my Grandmother to suck eggs.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:53 AM   #10
NobleNick
Quintesson

Ken,

That's not a spoiler, its a cheat (albeit a minor one), that is especially useful for duplicating high value arrows as well as unique weapons and armor.

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh. Here, I'll see your export cheat and raise you one: want to get more expo? When your party returns from a quest, throw the quest item (as well as all other non-exportable items) on the ground and save the game (Game 1) just before returning quest item. Export all your characters. Kick all members out of your party except for the leader (Character #1). Have Character 1 return the quest item, getting ALL the experience for the quest (6x his normal share). Save the game to a new game name (Game 2). For each of your other characters (2 through 6): Go back to Game 1, kick out the character and the party leader, import the character into the leader's spot and then kick out all the other characters. Return quest item for full expo. Export the character. Do not save game. After all characters have gotten quest reward and have been exported, import characters 2 through 6 into Game 2 and save. Now you have gotten your full party back together, and they all have 6 times the usual quest experience.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!