Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2002, 05:25 PM   #1
stephenwil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am just wondering what every body thinks is the ultimate character in Icewind dale And HOW...
my ultimate character is probably a human fighter dualed at level five to a mage with five points on great sword and then i go to dalekeeper and chage it to a gnome. My favorite race of all is the gnome because they are awesome and when i get to level six it already has five points in the great sword so i can use a good sword.
and i have a major question***is there any item in the game that gives you a plus to slashing or is there a way that i can make an item that will give me an bonus to slashing. like when you equip armor there are effects to it when you click on the head icon and scroll down a little there will be like missle -2
crushing +2
and something like that. and i really want to know what everybodies ultimate character is.
stephenwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 06:09 PM   #2
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

dude, try using the "search" function at the top of thise site. we've had plenty of threads related to these topics already.
but if the sysop doesn't mind a waste of space (and my parents obviously didn't), then here goes!
Frist off, your "ultimate characters" described here are hacks! If that's the way you want to go, then heck, give my Fighter/Mage/cleric 5 slots in everything and a -10 Thac0 and AC at level 1, and i'll do just fine. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
And what's this business about Gnomes getting 5 points in one weapon by level 6? rubbish i tell you. they'd get 4, max
Slashing bonus? I don't think there's ANYTHING like that in IWD/HoW. There's armor to make you RESISTANT. and most "finely crafted" weapons are just +1. But you might be able to make such a slashing blade with Dalekeeper? ~shrug~
Ultimate character? Well, i'd say it's pretty close between the Half-elf Cleric/Ranger, the Gnomish Cleric/Illusionst and a Fighter/Mage of any sort.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 11:02 PM   #3
SomeGuy
Unicorn

My ultimate charecter would be a Bard at level 100 that could use a harp to play one sinngal note that kills you if u listen.MWahahahahahah
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 03:02 PM   #4
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

A god-level thief with boots of haste,shortsword of back stabing,and 25 on all his stats