Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 08:54 PM   #1
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Smiley

Heh so I got bored and decided to provoke all of my party NPCs minus 1.

First what I did was have Solaufein memorize various offensive and defensive spells, as my experiment was to see if he could decimate the NPCs.

Then I booted people from my party:

Solaufein cast Prot. From Magic Weapons on himself real quick and the provoking begins:

After wounding every NPC, I booted Sola from my party to activate his AI so he could fight himself.

If you're wondering why Edwin isn't provoked it's because I put the ring of folly, the bracers of binding, and another cursed ring on him. He's now too stupid to know he's being attacked.

Then I noticed some NPCs had stayed still where they were at for some reason, so I unhid myself and went to lure them to Sola. Unfortunately, Sola died as the cursor in this next shot indicates:

I tried luring all of the provoked NPCs to one room, but someone's weapon stunned me. They made short work of me after that

So anyone else up for trying this?

[ 02-16-2005, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Jerr Conner ]
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:11 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I never thought of that, however, in BG 1, I did go on a killing spree in the Friendly Arm Inn, gotta watch out for those Flaming Fist Wizards...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I'm thinking of trying again today.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 02-17-2005, 02:19 PM   #4
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yeah, i've done that, and i won But what i did was summon every NPC in the game against my C/R, buffed him up, and started a fight. I won, but with around 3 hp left hehe
Old 02-17-2005, 04:25 PM   #5
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
Yeah, i've done that, and i won But what i did was summon every NPC in the game against my C/R, buffed him up, and started a fight. I won, but with around 3 hp left hehe
My goal was to see if Sola could win lol! What's funny is Anomen killed him
Old 02-18-2005, 09:12 PM   #6
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

My latest attempt involved a little game editing using Shadow Keeper. What I did was max Aerie's gate spells to 12. Then, I let everyone except Aerie out of the party and she cast Prot. From Evil 10' Radius.

She cast Gate next:

Then she cast 3 more Gates. Is it just me, or does Aerie look like she's laughing maniacally in the last screenshot?

Notices the dead bodies in the next screenshot.

Aerie exhuasted all of her Gates. The survivors were Minsc, Jaheira, Mazzy, Solaufein, Valygar and Korgan. Everyone else died, even Aerie who was still in my party. Her last two gates cast Fireball and she accidentally got caught in the blast.

My next attempt will be everyone in my party but me VS the rest of the NPCs. If I have time to that is.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:00 PM   #7
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Hah! I found the perfect way to get all of the NPC's fighting!:

This time, Aerie only summoned three Pit Fiends and everyone except for us died!
Old 02-20-2005, 06:12 PM   #8
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Wow, it's the whole crew! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You should try it you vs. everyone, and give them all the best spells you can. That'll make a challenge!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:31 PM   #9
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Wow, it's the whole crew! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You should try it you vs. everyone, and give them all the best spells you can. That'll make a challenge!
My Fighter/Thief would get pwned, I already know it. He didn't so too well against Mellisan, wheareas if I still had my Swashbuckler he'd stand a chance!