Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 03:24 PM   #1
Lord Delarue
The Magister

Hi everybody,

I'm new, and i'm in watcher's keep, level 3 or something i think, my party is pretty good and i'm glad with them, but can someone please tell me if u get loot from demogorgon, and if u get loot, can someone say what it is that u get, and i have another question: can any of u give me a list of what items i should use for this party, i'll be glad already if u can just tell me which weapon/armor! This is my party:

Me(half-orc fighter)
Imoen(but i'm gonna dump her for nalia i think)
Minsc
Jaheira
Korgan(he's evil but he's gooooooooddddd)
And Anomen.

Any other, better party suggestions would also be welcome. Thanks ya'll
Old 12-11-2001, 07:33 PM   #2
Encard
Quintesson

Well,
Spoiler?
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
You get no items from Demogorgan sadly, but he does give you a tone of xp. As for items for your party... (I'm giving the ones you might want to be using by the time you're a decent way into ToB...

Main Char (half-orc fighter)
Dual-wield the Answerer and Foebane +5, I'd say, and for armor/etc use either the BMU (Big Metal Unit... [img]smile.gif[/img] ) or Shuruppak's Plate, a Ring of Fire Control, Ring of Fire Resistance, Cloak of Mirroring, the Amulet of Cheetah Speed, Boots of Speed, Girdle of Fire Giant Strength, Helm of The Rock (upgraded), Guantlets of Weapon Skill, and whatever else I'm forgetting.

Nalia
Use Staff of the Magi, with the Firetooth dagger in the second slot, and for armor/other eq use Robe of Vecna, Circlet of Nethril, Cloack of the Sewers (alternating with Cloak of Non-Detection), Ring of Wizardry (if you got it, I believe it's in Jaheira's quest), probably AC-Bonus bracers as well, the Amulet of Power, and then alternating Boots of Speed and the boots that give bonuses to hide in shadows. On the other hand, you might want to keep a weapon useable for backstab on the second slot (I can't remember how good of a thief Nalia is), a fancy magical longsword of some sort might be good.

Minsc
Minsc... you could either use Gram the Sword of Grief +5 (upgraded version, and my personal suggestion with this party), or dual-wield two weapons like Angruval (upgraded version) and Flail of Ages (ToB upgrades). I'd suggest Gram, though. As for the rest... either Gorgon Plate or Blue Dragon Scale, Boots of Speed, Ring of Earth Control, another ring of some sort, Guantlets of Weapon Expertise, Helm of Brilliance, and whatever else I'm forgetting.

Jaheira
Either Staff of the Ram +6 or Ixil's Spike +6, and White Dragon Scale, the Ring of Gaxx, Oakwood Ring (or whatever it's called... the one that gives a druidic spell boost), Boots of Speed (I think there's six pairs in the game), Girdle of Hill Giant Strength, Guantlets of Weapon Skill (I think there's enough..), Helm of Defense, and a cloak of some kind.

Korgan
I'd suggest dual-wielding Axe of the Unyielding+5 and Crom Fayer, with the rest of the eq being Armor of the Hart +3, Guantlets of Extraordinary Specialization, Boots of Speed, two Rings of Regeneration, the Amulet of Spell Warding, Wong Fei's Ioun Stone, and the Cloak of Reflection.

Anomen
Hmm... Not too sure, but probably Faill of Ages (ToB upgrade) and the Shiled of Order +4, or the Flail and another fancy weapon of some type (Runehammer +5 isn't too bad, even against things other than undead, and Spectral Brand +5 is pretty nice as well), and then also Gorgon Plate or Blue Dragon Scale, Girdle of Stone Giant Strength, not sure what guantlets or cloak, Helm of Balduran, not sure about the other eq, can't remember anything else...
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote