Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2001, 05:57 PM   #1
Famir
Dungeon Master

I don't have ToB yet so could any one that played the game thru
tell me the best new wepons
Famir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 06:10 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

ToB weapon SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
Although I still use weapons such as Celestial Fury and Crom Faeyr, my favorites in ToB are:
Flail of Ages +5 (flail)
Runehammer +5 (hammer)
Spectral Blade +5 (scimitar)
Psion's Blade +5 (2-hand sword)
Angurradal +5 (long sword)

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 07:10 PM   #3
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

yeah, I'm also still using a lot of SoA weapons - Celestial Fury, Crom Faeyr, Staff of Magi, Gesen Bow, Sling of Everard and also Flail of Ages and The Holy Avenger, which can both be upgraded in ToB. Holy Avenger can be made into a +6 and you can add two more heads to the Flail of Ages, so it becomes +5 (+2 fire, +2 electrical, +2 cold, +2 poison, +2 acid damage!!)
of the new weapons, i'm using:
Hindo's Doom +4, a katana, which gives imunity to death magic and allows you to cast greater restoration once per day
Runehammer +5, a hammer that slays undead if they don't make a saving throw (like Mace of Disruption, just stronger), plus it gives Negative Plain Protection
Psion's Blade +5, 2-handed sword that gives imunity to Mind Flayers' and all other psionic attacks (need I mention, that you SLAUGHTER the Mind Flayers with this little puppy
Staff of the Ram, a quarterstaff that does 1d6 +12 crushing, +1d4 piercing damage. I just love this one, it has Imoen dealing out 20+ damage in melee combat
Club of Detonation +5, a club, it deals out 1d6 +5, +5 fire damage, plus, there's a 30% chance of aditional 15 fire damage. only drawback is, there's also 5% chance of fireball detonation on hit.
Erinne Sling +5, it's +5 like Sling of Everard, but it does require ammo. but there is a Bag of Plenty to be found, which gives you an infinite suply of +2 bullets (+1 before you upgrade it). but this sling adds +5 to damage unlike Sling of Everard, which adds +2, so in the end Errine Sling is actually better.
Firetooth +4, it's a crossbow, which firres +2 fire arrows.

there are a few other excelent weapons, but there are too many to use them all
and there are also many very powerful new items - armor, helmets, bracers...
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote