Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 02:21 PM   #1
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hey Larry,

I have a question for you...

You have been one of the biggest proponents of marking ToB spoilers while stating in the past that you *definitely* don't want to be spoiled on ToB.

Yet, you've apparently purchased the strategy guide and read it before you've even loaded the game onto your PC. So...what?...did you change your mind about being spoiled? Was the strategy guide an impulse buy?

Just curious...I'm really not trying to be an ass about it or anything. It just seems like a 180 degree turnabout on your previous stance, and I'm curious about what changed your mind...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 02:55 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

No problem. The way I see it, I will use it as a reference guide only if I am stuck and cannot figure a way out.
Also, for future gaming (ie. second time through), it is a good way to not miss anything, though I do not want to use the walk through on the first go. I got it 50% off, when I would have not been able to partake of that discount, later.
Also, when I am finished with the game, it is a good tool to use here in the forum for quick tips and trouble shooting for newer members.
What I have read concerns the weapons, armor, etc. that I feel has nothing to do with the plot,,,it just lets me know what will be available to my chars. Some of the items I have read about cannot be used by my party, anyway. So, I don't really consider that spoiling myself.
I like the do-it-yourself help manuals that you buy from Lowes Hardware. I am the type to want to build my own house, etc. So, in that same aspect, I would rather own the manual than to come here and ask you guys. That is just the way I perceive things. I do, however, like to help others out, and this will give me a chance to be worth a little bit here on this forum. Those that can offer assistance are using the board in a proper way, as compared to those that only log onto the general Discussions, and never are actually doing any good for the forum. Again, my opinion.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain myself.

------------------

Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 02:58 PM   #3
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Cool. Truth be told, if I see it for 50% off I'll probably buy it too. However, I won't be able to resist reading the whole darn thing before I ever play the game, I'm sure. So...it's probably a good thing that my copy is coming in the mail and I can stay out of Best Buy.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote