Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
Jaguar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Howdy all.

It's been a while since I posted here. I hung out at the IWD forums mostly, since I was in the middle of that game.

Now, I'm ready to install BGII. I've got some questions for you good people.

First, I've lurked through the forum here and most people advise to install both SoA AND ToB. But how will I know what parts of the world NOT to get into until I've finished SoA? Like the Watch Tower, for example...I've read Six of Spades suggestions not to enter there until higher level or until SoA is complete.

And I understand (or think I do) that there is no need to patch the game if you install ToB along with SoA. True?

Any other advise you veterans can give me before I start?
Music to my ears; \"I love you, daddy.\"<br /><br />--Holly, my three-year old baby.<br /><br />Visit my friends and I at [url]\"http://www.golom.com/forums\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.golom.com/forums</a>
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

the forum FAQ (sticky thread above) is your friend - there you will find the links for the ToB patch and the Baldurdash fixpack both of which you will need

Watcher's Keep is the only ToB area accesible in SoA - Six's guide will tell you all you need to know about that

and then, although we love helping people adn look upon new players with awe having mostly played the game 10-20 plus times, try to stay away from here until you've played the game through - again Six's guide and the manual should be all you need to know [img]smile.gif[/img]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:43 AM   #3
Jaguar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My mistake.

Nevermind...I'm an idiot!

[ 06-14-2006, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: Jaguar ]
Music to my ears; \"I love you, daddy.\"<br /><br />--Holly, my three-year old baby.<br /><br />Visit my friends and I at [url]\"http://www.golom.com/forums\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.golom.com/forums</a>
Old 06-06-2006, 04:05 AM   #4
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
I don't think Armen was saying that you aren't welcome here, quite the contrary, we love to give advice and help...he was just advising that you try to play the game your first time without reading too much on the forums. There are a lot of spoilers here, which can take a lot of the suspense and fun out of your first time through the game (I know I wish I hadn't read quite so much my first time)

On the other hand, if you do have questions please feel free to ask. Most posters are pretty good at keeping the spoilers out of a thread if asked.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:10 AM   #5
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar:
That's the first time I've ever been told not to come back to a forum. I'm a moderator of a website and the last thing I would ever say is "don't come back til yer good enough".
i'm really sorry! that's not what i meant at all

it's just that most board members have played the game over and over again and would love to be able to play it again for the first time without spoilers

much as we'd love to have you and have someone else to chat with / help the risk of you reading spoilers is still quite high even though we're careful not to give too much away

that's all i meant - sorry again
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:38 AM   #6
Jaguar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Armen,

No, I'm sorry. I completely misread you post. Disregard this thread, as I mis-interpreted it, entirely.

This is an exceptional site, with exceptional people.

Please accept my apology. I should've read you post instead of reading into your post.

Thanks again...and sorry. It won't happen again.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well if your not too late do get the patch for TOB. The link can also be found in the faq. Enjoy!

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote