Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 08:58 AM   #1
Shotgun
Manshoon

I'm in the Underdark right now and have accepted a number of challenges against the drow and some mages at the tavern. I think I've fought 3-4 mages now and I'm wondering how long this goes on and if it's worth it? Also, how can I pick up the loot the fools are leaving behind? Everytime I finish a fight, the game automatically puts me outside the ring and I can't open the gates myself. Any thoughts? Do I just ignore my challenger when fighting and pick up items while in there?
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #2
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

When the fight ends, the gate opens and you can walk back in and get the loot.

I think you only get the stuff they drop, nothing spectacular that I can remember, but I didn't find the fights very difficult.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:11 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I believe there are 4 or 5 mages there.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:34 AM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

In my last run-through, there were only 3 mages. It might be based on average party level, though.

Slight clarification to Aragorn's post: When the fights end, when you've beaten all the opponents that are willing to challenge you, the gates will open and stay that way. Translation: DON'T accept a challenge unless you're sure you can beat them, because if your only Wizard dies behind that wall, you're screwed out of their equipment.