Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 09:25 AM   #1
theGrimm
Manshoon

Invisibility protects you to some extent from haveing spells cast at you. So:

1) Does being invisible protect you from the spells of creatures than can see invisible (e.g. lich)

2) Does being invisible prevent allies from casting beneficial spells on you?

3) Does being (improved) invisible prevent you from casting beneficial spells on yourself?

4) Does being stealthed (i.e. thief) prevent spells from being cast on you?

5) Does going invisible protect you after a caster has started casting but before he finishes?

6) Does going invisible protect you after a caster has finished casting but before the spell hits you?

7) Does improved invisiblity protect you from beholder rays?

8) How about mislead?

9) Does sanctury allow you to cast protective mage spells without being dispelled?

10) Does sanctury allow summoning spells without being dispelled?

11) Does sanctuary allow area of effect spells if they don't affect others (e.g. hast as a solo char, or chant.) without being dispelled?

12) Does the fact that I don't know the answers to these questions mean I should not solo
theGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:43 AM   #2
Daniel_M
Elminster

1) Does being invisible protect you from the spells of creatures than can see invisible (e.g. lich)

No, Improved Invisibility does though

No

3) Does being (improved) invisible prevent you from casting beneficial spells on yourself?

No

No

5) Does going invisible protect you after a caster has started casting but before he finishes?

Eh?

6) Does going invisible protect you after a caster has finished casting but before the spell hits you?

EhHH?

NO...

8) How about mislead?

Yes!

9) Does sanctury allow you to cast protective mage spells without being dispelled?

Yes, as long as you are casting them on yourself.

Nope, the sanctury will be dispelled

11) Does sanctuary allow area of effect spells if they don't affect others (e.g. hast as a solo char, or chant.) without being dispelled?

Same as above.

12) Does the fact that I don't know the answers to these questions mean I should not solo

No, solo any way you feel comfortable, thats how one learns

Oh if im wrong with these answers please correct me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2004, 10:12 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Smiley

Quote:
Originally posted by theGrimm:
Invisibility protects you to some extent from haveing spells cast at you. So:
No.
Yes, if they are trying to directly target you. The area-of-effect from spells like Bless will still affect you.
No.
Yes.
Yes.
No.
If it is already casted and enroute. Too late.
8) How about mislead?
Same as above.
Yes.
No.
Yes.
Do you feel lucky?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:15 AM   #4
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

1) No, no type of illusion spell (not Imp Invisibility either Daniel) will protect you against casters who can see through invisibility.

Yes, not even your party members can specifically target you with any spells, offensive or beneficial, if you're invisible or "shimmering" (as in Imp Invisibility). You can, however, be affected by beneficial spells that target an area (ie Haste, Mass Invisibility, Prot from Evil 10'Radius)

3) No, no type of illusion spell can prevent you from casting a spell on yourself.

4) Yes, provided that the caster cannot see through invisibility of course.

5) Yes, if you go invisible after a caster (who does not see through invisibility) has begun to cast a spell specifically targetted at you, then it will be interrupted.

6) No.

7) The shimmering effect does not prevent Beholders from targetting you with rays if that's what you mean. Even though regular Beholders cannot see through invisibility, their rays don't count as spells.

8) It usually works, since you truly become invisible as opposed to just shimmering after taking an action with Mislead activated. Sometimes that small time frame in which you're visible is enough for a quick Beholder to target you with a ray though.

9) Yes, as does regular invisibility spells.

10) I couldn't imagine so, since they're red spells, but I honestly haven't tried this one.