Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2004, 12:10 PM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm playing an assassin in my current BGII game and I'm wanting to eliminate some enemy strongholds and stations. I already killed everybody in the Temple of Lathandar (didn't really plan to, but they caught me stealing an item for Mae'var and were rather upset about it. They also didn't seem to be in the mood to talk things over, soooooo....)

The two other areas I've thought about "clearing out" are the Order of the Radiant Heart (I mean, come on, do I really want an entire Order of paladins around to thwart my plans?) and - of course - my current boss, Renal Bloodscalp, and his cadre of thieves. I guess they're decent enough folks, but my assassin wants to be the only show in town and - well - I just hate having to share the profits for my theiving activities with them.

Is it possible to kill all the members of these two areas? If so, what repercussions does it have on the game?

I've already completed the quest for the fallen paladins, so that should be all I need from the Radiant Hearts. I've also killed Mae'var and taken over his guild. Renal and his boss are supporting me, so I guess I can't do anything to them until after I Imoen out of Spellhold. Once I do that, will I need the Shadow Thieves for anything else, or can I set my plan to kill them in motion?
Old 06-29-2004, 12:32 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

For paladin guild,less help later in the game (not that you need it probably)as well as more paladin quests (if you have mulitple stronholds), for Talos/Lathander, unseeing eye quest.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:00 PM   #3
Cerek the Barbaric

Well I already killed all the Priests and Priestesses of Lathandar. I honostly hadn't planned to do that, but when I blew my Stealth while stealing their artifact, I was trapped with nowhere to go. I called in my buddies (who had stayed outside) and the battle was joined. In the end, none of Lathandar's servants were left standing.

Still have the Temple of Talos though, which is good I guess, since the Unseeing Eye is the next quest on my agenda.

I haven't decided about the paladins yet. I had definitely planned to kill them all (for the reputation I would gain - and the sheer enjoyment - in addition to the more practical consideration of not having them around to thwart any activities I undertake), but they were very friendly when they sought my aid to go after the rogue member of their Order - so it might not hurt to keep them around. Maybe I can find a way to use them to my advantage.

Are there any repercussion from the game for killing off the Shadow thieves once I rescue Imoen?
Old 06-29-2004, 02:39 PM   #4
WoodyG666
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You cant kill Renal, i tried, they kill you instantly with several hidden thieves. Trust me it is impposible.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:59 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by WoodyG666:
You cant kill Renal, i tried, they kill you instantly with several hidden thieves. Trust me it is impposible.
You mean Renal or Aran Livnail? It doesn`t matter. You can kill him. All you need is cheese.

[ 06-29-2004, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:59 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:
Originally posted by WoodyG666:
You mean Renal or Aran Livnail? It doesn`t matter. You cankill him. All you need is cheese. [/QUOTE]Of course you use cheese when you're trying to kill a rat! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

So, are there any consequences in the game for killing either of them? Or can you continue the game after their death?
Old 06-29-2004, 05:27 PM   #7
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

It IS possible to kill Renal.If you fail a pickpocket he just turns hostile and doesnt get supertheif to kill you.Other than that,i dont know what happens to your personal guildhall.I was an inquisitor when i did it,and yoshi failed the pickpocket...I was going to load but i thaught him a villan and took his life.

EDITED becuase man,i cant spell.

reasons above:Apparantly
SPOILERS
Arkanis Gath gets killed by vampires,so i might have done that after Arkanis died,and if this is in chapter 6 as i dont know,i might have been Jan,but i guess that bits not important.Im chapter6 im guessing it is possible to kill renal.

[ 06-29-2004, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 06-29-2004, 08:57 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The Arkanis Gath effect will only occur in Chapters 2 and 3. Once you're in Chapter 6, you can slaughter the Shadow Thieves en masse without fear. Note: The Shadow Thieves who stand guard outside Renal's building are apparently an exception--Arkanis Gath can sometimes spawn if you turn those guys Hostile....but then again, slaughtering people like Aran and Renal will not turn the outside guards hostile. Curious, that. Also, you can still dispatch the guards simply by killing them before they hace time to turn Hostile, such as by Backstabbing them, or by using fake-talk.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:27 PM   #9
Gardner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

fake-talk ?

[ 07-04-2004, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:49 PM   #10
Jorsh
Dungeon Master

fake talk is where you attack a blue-ringed guy and then have someone in your party kinda far away force talk to him. The far away party mebmer will walk towards the thing being attacked and the thing won't fight back. You can repeat this a lot and poke strong creatures until they eventualy die without having them fight back.
Jorsh is offline   Reply With Quote