Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 09:49 AM   #1
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

It is x6 and not x5. She is an elder vampire and has roughly 2 mln exp.
I have backstab x5. I do not have item upgrade installed, and she uses her claws anyway.

Why? Not that i complain, but still starnge.

Off topic-were is the dialogue file located?
thanks in advance.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:39 AM   #2
Mystique
The Magister

Do you mean is is strange for her to have a backstab multiplies by 5x? Its not. Only Assassins can get higher. Up to 7x.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:09 AM   #3
Saturos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:

Off topic-were is the dialogue file located?
thanks in advance.
In the BG2 folder it's called dialog.tlk. If you want to view and/or do changes, you need a third party program, like Near Infinity.
Saturos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:23 PM   #4
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

You can also open it using Notepad, though it will be in a jumbled mess.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:42 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I have noticed this as well, but with Valygar. At one point in ToB, I noticed that his Backstab multiplier was x4, when Stalkers cannot naturally exceed x3. I know that certain mod items increase the multiplier, so I stripped him of all his gear except an unenchanted Katana, and it was still x4. I can only surmise that Weimer has slipped another undocumented "improvement" into one of his Ease-of-Use components.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:38 AM   #6
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

This is also already in the game, I've played it without mods, and my Stalker had one modifier more than it said on the description. I actually think that a GOOD thing, since triple modifier is nothing to write home about, and you won't gain the x4 modifier until lvl high...
Old 04-08-2004, 04:03 AM   #7
Mystique
The Magister

Hehe, my multiplier is at 8x with a certain 4+ Shortsword. It owns! Oh, and i noticed that Valygar is a stalker, and they gain a few spells at lvl 12. But he does not. Bug? Or his repulsivment against magic?
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 05:13 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystique:
Oh, and i noticed that Valygar is a stalker, and they gain a few spells at lvl 12. But he does not. Bug? Or his repulsivment against magic?
Could be a bug, could be you're just not looking in the right place. All SoA-level Rangers gain the first 3 levels of Druid spells, and even though the special spells that Stalkers get are Wizard spells, they still appear on the Priest Scroll.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:01 PM   #9
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

my Valygar gains priest spells.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:11 PM   #10
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I also had Valygar without any spells when I got him even though he was supposed to have at his level. When he levelled up he got his spells correctly...