Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2003, 01:31 PM   #1
Eternal
Manshoon

hi,

vic's been on the team for quite a while now and the romance still isnt triggered.
im running windows xp pro
i installed the soa then tob, then the official tob patch, then the baldur patch then the dungeon be gone patch , then the flirtpack.

what triggers the romance?
what gives?
Old 12-16-2003, 02:18 PM   #2
The Offspring of Viconia and Edwin
The Magister

If you got the flirt pack, you should be able to flirt just by talking to her. If you mean the real romantic relationship, just be patient.
The Offspring of Viconia and Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:09 PM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Are you human, elf, half-elf or half-orc (I think she accepts half-orc anyway)? Shorties can't do the romance. Are you male?
Old 12-16-2003, 08:56 PM   #4
Kismet
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Viconia won't romance elves but she will romance halflings (in addition to humans, half-elves and half-orcs.)
Old 12-17-2003, 06:09 AM   #5
Eternal
Manshoon

im running winxp and i have the following installed

bgsoa bgtob , official tob patch , baldur patch , dungeon be gone patch , flirtpack, and then the valen mod.

im male and human.
its a new game, i have the flirtpack installed and well ive never used it before but i think its safe to say it doest work.
when i try talkinmg to vinonia it says ''npc appears busy''

that isnt a real loss to me tho, but the romance doesnt seem to get triggered either.
actually i havent had any party banter at all (exept for the forced scripts ie korgan wanting to leave because i havent done his quest yet, and edwins netherscroll remark at the graveyard)..tho its true my current party doesnt have to much of that. sorcerer, viconia ,edwin and korgan.
what gives?

i just started this new game hoping for a glitch free game, i dont feel like shadowkeepering my way all thru the game to make it work properly as thats what ruined my last tob game beyond repair.
thanks in advance

|EDIT| is there any way i can check if the romance is triggered|EDIT|

[ 12-17-2003, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Eternal ]
Old 12-17-2003, 08:49 AM   #6
Kismet
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternal:

bgsoa bgtob , official tob patch , baldur patch , dungeon be gone patch , flirtpack, and then the valen mod.

im male and human.
its a new game, i have the flirtpack installed and well ive never used it before but i think its safe to say it doest work.
when i try talkinmg to vinonia it says ''npc appears busy''

That's expected behavior for the flirt pack. You can't flirt with the NPCs until after a certain number of lovetalks have happened.

If you want to see how the romance is going, check in shadowkeeper for ViconiaRomanceActive on the Globals tab and LOVETALK on the Affects tab with Viconia's picture showing.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:33 AM   #7
ryaldin
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternal:

There's always a chance that something will go wrong when you have that many mods installed, unfortunately. I made the mistake of downloading the Unfinished Business mod, and it had some bugs in it that spawned an un-kill-able bodhi, that wouldn't stop repeating the same line. And to boot, it messed with the variables somehow that control Saemon Havarian, and now I can't even make it to the underwater city.

Mods can be fun, but too many of them, one overridding the other, tend to make SoA almost as buggy as the pre-patch version. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2003, 12:05 PM   #8
Eternal
Manshoon

would uninstalling a few mods now... counter any of the bugs if any?