Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2003, 07:52 AM   #1
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
I've hit a small problem, and was wondering if any of you can help out.
SPOILERS

I started the quest for the knights of the most radiant heart, searching for the fallen paladins. I helped defeat the smugglers, was told to get the goblet, and went back to the order. In the meantime, my reputation dropped from 11 - 9 (my character is an evil thief, so this happens often). When i talked to the guy who gave me the quest, he told me to leave. Did the reputation drop mess up the quest? I searched all over the order building for the goblet, but can't find it, so i assume he has to give it to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I tried killing him, but the goblet isnt on his body(I have an earlier savegame).
Old 11-06-2003, 09:24 AM   #2
ryaldin
Elminster

Did you perchance pick up Viconia during this period? Her Drow status drops two off the top of the 'ol reputation anytime you add her to the party.

P.S. WELCOME TO IRONWORKS (sorry, I lost my "Creative little welcoming smily faces and expressions guide")!

[ 11-06-2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: ryaldin ]
Old 11-06-2003, 11:53 AM   #3
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by ryaldin:
P.S. WELCOME TO IRONWORKS (sorry, I lost my "Creative little welcoming smily faces and expressions guide")!
I'll fix that:

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] WELCOME TO IRONWORKS, MAAAN [img]graemlins/hippysmile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cheering.gif[/img]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:02 PM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by ryaldin:
Did you perchance pick up Viconia during this period? Her Drow status drops two off the top of the 'ol reputation anytime you add her to the party.
And the reputation can be regained if she is kicked out, so if you're not romancing her you can let her loose for the course of that conversation.
Maybe you can also pickpocket him for the goblet.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:11 PM   #5
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

I dount think he can if he isnt even geting it from him when hes killing him.If it aint on his corps he cant pickpocket it or is it a bug if he can?
Old 11-06-2003, 02:14 PM   #6
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonic:
I dount think he can if he isnt even geting it from him when hes killing him.If it aint on his corps he cant pickpocket it or is it a bug if he can?
I didn't realize that he had already tried killing him, it could be pickpocketable nonetheless (though I'm not sure).
Other solutions:
1. Kill the Fallen Paladins
2. CHEAT the goblet into your inventory, but that wouldn't be right now would it
Old 11-06-2003, 02:22 PM   #7
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

*SPPPOOOOIIIIILLLLLLLLEEEEEERRRRSSSS*Ok lets thake the quest from the beginning,You go to the hall of the radiant hart,and get a quest to find the fallenpaladin.Hes in bridge district to the left side when you enter,help him kill the smugglers and he will need you to get the goblet befor joining his groop.Go and ask for the goblet by the man that gave you the quest(Cant remembr his name)And he vill giwe you the goblet on ONE promise,That you bring it back to him.When you return to the fallen paladin he knows that you are a traitor and atacks you.Kill him and retur whit the goblet to the man that gave you the quest,The quest will be done and you are on quest closer to get ot exp cap limit^^.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:35 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Just put the Fallen Paladins on hold for now--go and do some other quests, get your Reputation back up, and when it's around 12 or so, try asking for the Goblet again. That should put the quest back on track, and you can then complete it. And if it does turn out that the quest has crashed & burned, and you'll never be able to complete it in this game.....it's no big deal.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Just put the Fallen Paladins on hold for now--go and do some other quests, get your Reputation back up, and when it's around 12 or so, try asking for the Goblet again. That should put the quest back on track, and you can then complete it. And if it does turn out that the quest has crashed & burned, and you'll never be able to complete it in this game.....it's no big deal.
Yeah! And the reward for all the trouble is... a surprise. Positive or negative... it is up to you to decide.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 11:50 PM   #10
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
thanks for the tips. I'll just wait and come back later when my rep is up - and if I still can't finish the quest, I guess I'll just steal everything in the order's building.