Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2003, 04:18 AM   #1
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

My solo Blade is going perfectly fun - recently gained lvl18. He is steadily becoming a powerhouse, and thats definitely great. But there is one but very important problem - whenever I have MMMs in my attack slot and use the Offensive Spin ability, my ApR counter drops to 1/2 (means 1 attack in 2 rounds - CRAP!) despite the fact that it should become 6 (5 from MMM spell itself + 1 from spin).

IMHO it started just when I applied the Baldurdash ToB fixpack (I dl-ed it a long time ago, maybe thats the problem?). Anyone else had the same problem? Any way of solving it? I really want to have the ability to MMM casting liches to spell failure [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 08:06 AM   #2
Alson
Galvatron

What happens if you cast Melf's Minute Meteors, followed by Haste? Improved Haste? This may help us determine whether the problem is with the Meteors or the Offensive Spin.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 08:13 AM   #3
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Haste just sets the ApR to 6 (well, it also does increase the movement rate, but that is not important here). And I have never bothered to cast Improved Haste - Tensor's Transformation is permanently in the slot [img]smile.gif[/img]

I guess the cause is the 'blade bugfix' introduced by Baldurdash ToB fixpack, that clims altering the Offensive Spin ability somehow (forgot what the readme says, but it was something about breaking the effect in 2 parts, one of which grants THAC0 and damage bonuses, while the other increases the ApR and hastes the caster).

The Spin works perfectly with all other weapons.

It also stacks with Haste, both ApR boost and movement speed, while the manual says it shouldn't [img]smile.gif[/img] cheesy
Old 06-10-2003, 04:06 AM   #4
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

BUMP!

Sorry, Dundee, the topic is not offscreen, but soon will be. And I desperately need the answer to it - the problem really cripples all the game, as OS+MMM combo is one of the best things a Blade can have.

Alson?
Old 06-10-2003, 04:24 AM   #5
Alson
Galvatron

Arrow

Minor ToB High Level Abilities Spoilers!
It seems to me that the "Haste" effect of the Offensive Spin in your game is somehow bugged. The thing is, 5 ApR is the Infinity Engine maximum value to non-hasted character. The only way to achieve more than 5 ApR is via a haste-variant. A few examples:

Melf's Minute Meteors sets ApR to 5, but does not haste the user.

Energy Blades sets ApR to 5 and Improved Hastes the user for the spell's duration (4 turns, if memory serves).

Greater Whirlwind sets ApR to 5 and Improved Hastes the user for one round.

Offensive Spin should haste the user amongs its other effects (and thus allowing him to break the 5 ApR limit) - but in your game, it somehow fails to do so.

I don't think there's actually something you can do with it, rather than reinstalling. Anyone can think of anything else?
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:30 AM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

Would overriding the OS spell with a good one work?
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:34 AM   #7
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

And where can I get the correct OS spell?

I could remove the fixpack's file and hope it returns to normal, but I should miss that +2 THAC0 [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 04:46 AM   #8
Raistlin Majere
Ra

hmmm...i tested this with haer'dalis in my own game, and it appears your not the only one. i too have the baldurdash fixpack, but im not certain if thats the cause though...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:54 AM   #9
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

I am tho...

The problem started just with the installation. Maybe a bugreport to baldurdash.com?
Old 06-11-2003, 09:41 AM   #10
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Interesting. I found a bug recently which may or may not be related to the bug that you describe but it's similar enough to warrant some consideration. When using Kundane (or Belm for that matter, though i haven't tested it) my ApR is 9/2. Normally if i cast MMM the ApR is 5 but with Kundane in the off hand it drops to 5/2. But here's the catch. Only one mini-meteor is fired per round. The rest of the attacks come from the equipped weapons but they are ranged attacks with all the damage and THAC0 multipliers still applied. Needless to say, there's some pretty extreme exploitation potential here. (Er, and i guess i'm guilty of exploiting it. Shame on me ) But that's beside the point.

Does this not suggest that there may be a problem with combining a +1 ApR modifier (like OS or Kundane) to the MMM spell or vice versa? Does this mean that the problem lies with the coding for the MMM spell and not OS? Does Baldurdash hold the answers to the riddle? Will the evil despot kill the hero and get the girl and the loot? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Who knows? Not me, that's for sure, but it's food for thought.

Apologies if the bug i've mentioned is already documented but i've only just found it. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote