Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2003, 03:08 AM   #1
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

*spoiler upcoming*

--- um, does anyone happen to recall the NAME of the githyanki wild mage who accosts you after returning to civilization after the underdark? I want to CTRL-Q him into my party and view his stats/spells, and see if he really is a wild mage... Considering that SK shows Nahal's Reckless Dweomer to be at least intended for use in BG2, I'm hoping this is true, so that I can get a wild mage "NPC" in my party and give him an aggressive mage AI script for a little comedy relief. [I'm guessing he's probably just a wild mage in description, not a "true" wild mage, but there you go]

I just don't remember any of those githyanki names - *no offense*
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 03:13 AM   #2
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Simyaz ?
Old 05-29-2003, 03:34 AM   #3
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Ah, "Simyaz" does ring a bell - but you know, I think I met him in (numerous) previous games IN the Underdark... I only met the wild mage once, in Athkatla, and that was when I kept the relevant *item*, which I only did in that one game, so I don't believe he might be the one I'm looking for...

Nevertheless, thanks for that name, because I'd like to CTRL-Q that githyanki anyway and check his stats out while I'm on a CTRL-Q roll

(...MWAHAHAHAHAAA!...)
"Raging Mages" CTRL-Q party:
Elminster
Jon Irenicus
Khelben Blackstaff (I *don't* think it'll work but I'll try it)
...erm... whom have I forgotten now?... *GAH*

and what about Renal's bodyguard with the Varscona secret sword? He was called... damn, I forget...
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 03:45 AM   #4
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

How about Gish ?
Old 05-29-2003, 04:22 AM   #5
dragon_lord
Elminster

The Githyanki wild mage that comes looking for the blade of the silver sword is kruin (wow didnt even have to look that one up). Of coarse he isnt really a wild mage since SoA doesnt have a wild mage kit.

[ 05-29-2003, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: dragon_lord ]
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 06:19 AM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

Simyaz is fighter/mage.
And Kruin, she is a mage.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 11:14 AM   #7
Klutz
Manshoon

Spoiler thread, but anyway...
Yes, I believe Kruin (she?) is the name of the Githyanki Wild Mage that accosts you near the beginning of chapter 6 looking for the Silver Blade (and holding the Silver Hilt). That party also contains one or two Anti-Paladins... would be interesting to see how those are implemented in SOA in addition to Kruin as a Wild Mage.

Kruin's dialogue was hilarious! If anyone's up to the challenge, I think Kruin would make a great comic relief NPC to make joinable as part of a mod. Chapter 6 is kinda late to get an NPC, but perhaps Kruin could show up earlier on the Githyanki ship, and maybe be captured along with you and brought to the Saughain City and be recruitable there. It would be even funnier if it could be arranged so that Saemon keeps the Silver Blade and Kruin joins up with you with the intent to hunt down Saemon... or even Irenicus, for stealing it from the Githyanki in the first place. The possibilities are endless...
Old 05-29-2003, 12:35 PM   #8
Vedran
Lord Soth

Githyanki anti-paladins are 11th level chaotic evil paladins. Males.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote