Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 05:34 PM   #1
Omeg@Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Please can anyone help - my party is at level 7/8 been to all the areas on the world map, accidently done durlags tower (was fun) - done the mines but i cannot get into baulders gate, what have i missed.Thanks Guys
Omeg@Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 05:44 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
If by mines you mean the cloakwood mines, then you should be able to get in. Got to the map with the bridge (if you haven't already, get there through the ankheg area map screen) and cross over the bridge, and you'll get in.

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

"High hopes...an endless river...forever and ever"
Aelia Jusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 05:54 PM   #3
Omeg@Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the reply - however i am over the bridge now and when i get to pick the next map location, there are no parts of baulders gate able to be highlighted - any ideas - thanks all
Old 10-03-2001, 05:57 PM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

You have gone to the Bandit Camp and given those wags a sorting haven't you? If you've cleared out Cloakwood, then that's the only thing that I can think of. Can you get to the Bridge map or not? I seem to remember having problems finding the actual entrance to Baldur's - even though I'd crossed the river and was standing outside the city proper.

Of course, I may have needed an optometrist; and there was nobody there to tell me.

------------------
Making running away an art form
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 06:02 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Have you seen Quayle? He should be standing right next to the entrance.

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

"High hopes...an endless river...forever and ever"
Aelia Jusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 06:14 PM   #6
Sorcerer Alex

You must also pick up any documents you find - they update your world map.

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB
Old 10-03-2001, 09:59 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

You don't need any documents--the whole city is on your map from the very beginning of the game. No, as soon as you're across the bridge, you're in. Just go west to enter Baldur's Gate, or north to the Zombie Farm. If you still can't get in, I'd say you've got a serious problem, and you'll need to reinstall at the very least.

Exactly what triggers Chapter 5 is pretty nebulous. You can read the documents in Daveorn's chests without killing him, and vice versa. You can leave without flooding the mines. I think I've even had Chapter 5 start without killing Davaeorn--I think I just had a Stealthed Thief walk around exploring all his rooms, and the Chapter 5 movie just popped up. I could be wrong, though. But play it safe--do everything.

One more post and I hit 100! I wonder what my new graphic will be? (One hundred posts in less than a month--will someone get this guy a LIFE?)
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 08:34 AM   #8
Omeg@Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Guys for all your help - really appreciate it. Will try some of those suggestions tonight.
Old 10-04-2001, 12:20 PM   #9
Seraph
Quintesson

When you get to the top of the bridge, go to the left. You'll have to go under the archway in the wall. It is very hard to spot the first time you get there, just move your curser over the wall till you get the move cursor. Once on the otherside of the wall, you should be able to get the cursor that means you can leave the area.

If you go to the top edge of the bridge map you wont be able to get into the city.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 06:03 PM   #10
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

The same thing happened to me.

The archway is the trick as mentioned above.

This was one of the most annoying things in the game to me because it happened before I found this message board

------------------

An elevator smells different to a dwarf.

Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote