Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2003, 07:10 AM   #1
Link
Jack Burton

SPOILER!!
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
As many of you know, there are all sorts of quests in BG2 - SoA, which should have been one whole; the Slaver Quest should not only have been the Copper Coronet and the Slaver Ship, but also something with the Guarded Compound, the Twisted Rune and the Skinner Murders (well, the human skin you get from it in each case; the guy in the Umar Hills says something like ".. you'll find out what happens when dealing with the rune")

But I've encountered someone new (at least he's new to me). When I was in the Sea's Bounty tavern in the Docks District to obtain the papers Edwin needed from the fat guy (can't remember his name), he wouldn't give them to me.. I thought it was some sort of Charisma problem (threatening didn't help either) but I couldn't think of anything to boost my Charisma with, so I just used the Ring of Earth Control to charm the guy (Charm Earth Elemental works just fine on humans [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ) So he was in my power. I couldn't kill him now, because my reputation would drop, and that was something I wished to avoid. So I made him attack a guard of some sort, standing in the bottom left corner. His name is Officer Dirth.
Of course, Officer Dirth didn't like it that much that a chubby guy was attacking him, so started attacking back and turned hostile. He killed the chubby dude with the papers (so that part of my plan worked, be it evil or not) but then he turned on me. I simply had to kill him, and when I searched him, he had these papers on him with two important things on them: "slavery" and the "Roenalls". Now slavery everyone knows, and you probably also know that the Roenall Estate is an rather small estate in the Government District.. The plot thickens. The note also said (as some sort of reaction from your side) that this was hard evidence.. Really weird.

Now my question is: is this known? Something of a quest, or have I accidently discovered something? I reloaded it of course (and used a summoned skeleton to kill the chubby guy the same way I did with Officer Dirth), because I didn't know if Officer Dirth was important, so he's still alive. I tried entering the Roenall estate but 'The door is barred from the other side'. Mysterious, yes, I know. So I would like some answers, if someone has them.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:12 AM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

It's part of Nalia's quest ..
Old 03-13-2003, 07:23 AM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Yea, so don't mess with him.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:26 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Ah well.. I'm on solo, so that doens't really matter

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:10 AM   #5
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Those papers are related to the Nalia Quest: (spoilers ahead)
*When Nalia is abducted by Roenall, a soldier under his ranking will contact you and direct you to several spots where you can find evidence that Roenall is corrupt... there by he looses his command and does not have a hold over Nalia... freeing her (summarised version ).*