Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2000, 06:22 PM   #1
Iseobel

In Area 5000/5002; East of Nashkell Mines. A fellow comes screaming up to you and, when you agree to protect him, gives you a 2+ dagger and tells you to go to a tomb just to the east. You go into the cave/tomb (I think it was AREA 5002) to the east and a moaning guy demands the knife. You give it to him and he dies. Behind him are two tombs with $$ and potions. To your right are three more tombs and at the bottom of the screen a doorway icon will appear. However, I cannot get any of my characters through the doorway. Can someone help?
P.S. I am playing the Mac version. Perhaps this is a feature?
Old 10-08-2000, 03:32 AM   #2
mir_ror
Welcomed New User

From my experience, the tomb of the dead guy (he's a revenant, ie. a revenge-obsessed guy who has to complete/fulfil a certain task/desire before he can finally R.I.P.) is only a 1-level dungeon. In other words, it was a 'walk in, do whatever I had to do [whack the poor guy/return him his dagger], and walk out' scenario for me - meaning no extended levels to the tomb or extra sub-plots to the story.
Check out the Mustard Jellos in the east side of the area instead of worrying your hair out over that small dungeon!
mir_ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2000, 05:48 AM   #3
Petrarcus ap Bhaal

There are in fact three seperate caves in that area. You can't travel from the one to the other underground, but you can enter them from of the main map. There's one door slightly north of the one you're currently in, and another one to the far south eastern part of the main map. All the doors have this blue-ish stones around them.

Petrarcus ap Bhaal.
Old 10-09-2000, 02:56 PM   #4
Adhrael

Yes Peter is right (by the way, WELCOME AGAIN PETRARCUS): there are 3 sepparate tombs. Anyway I suggest you to kill Revenant instead of giving him the dagger so you´ll get 3000 xp and the dagger+2.

Hey Peter, did you know that if you ask Revenant about the dagger he tells that it´s the dagger Alatos used to kill him ?? Is that Alatos the Alatos Thuibuild from BG ?? If so, what´s the story (morning glory)??
Old 10-10-2000, 09:24 AM   #5
Petrarcus ap Bhaal

Yes, I've been busy of late (looking for a girlfriend you know...), but now I've got some time to post again. I've been avoiding the BGC forum too, so that I don't walk into spoilers about BG2. I'd love to buy that game, but I'm out of cash

Anyway, I do know about the dagger, and that it belongs to Alatos. I would say it's the same Alatos as the one in the Thieves Guild, but I have no clue if there's a story to it: I thought not. I guess it's just one of the many BG secret jokes - this is what makes the game great!

BTW, do you all know that when you bring the Idol from the dig, the ancient armor from Firwine dungeon and Ulcaster's book to Ulcaster's ghost you'll get the Vampiric Sword? Not that it's worth much, but it's another little secret...

Petrarcus ap Bhaal.
Old 10-10-2000, 02:00 PM   #6
Rikard

I finaly got it (bg2 that is) god i visited my friendly neaborhood shop everyday for two weeks but i have it
but now i'm stuck
ah well that's live
gonna look for spoilers in the bg2 forum
C Ya
(btw if you don't see me the next couple of years i not very good in rpg's)
Old 10-12-2000, 04:48 PM   #7
Adhrael

I´ll try the Vampiric Sword thing, Peter.

Aaahhhh, I´m out of cash too... A friend of mine is asking me wether I want to buy BGII or not (in Spain it will appear next week). I´ll have to pick pockets
Old 10-12-2000, 09:17 PM   #8
Iseobel

>>From my experience, the tomb of the dead guy (he's a revenant, ie. a revenge-obsessed guy who has to complete/fulfil a certain task/desire before he can finally R.I.P.) is only a 1-level dungeon. In other words, it was a 'walk in, do whatever I had to do [whack the poor guy/return him his dagger], and walk out' scenario for me - meaning no extended levels to the tomb or extra sub-plots to the story.
Check out the Mustard Jellos in the east side of the area instead of worrying your hair out over that small dungeon!
Oh, I know you're right. Just hate it when I can SEE a place I should be able to enter, but can't. Yes, it is a one-level cave, but you can see another room in the cave and get the doorway icon [with the little arrow thingy and everything] but I can't get through that door.
Already did the Jellies. Don't like 'em at all.
Old 10-13-2000, 03:43 PM   #9
Loser

feargus... i'm sure there was at least one in BG, although i never met him... but in fallout 2, there are so many people you can talk to that they fit in 3 or 4 of them... and a few in gat 2,... i forgot what it means tho... oh well...
Old 10-14-2000, 03:00 AM   #10
Rikard

That Cave does lead o somewhere or actually somewhere leads to the cave
and that somewhere is level 4 of the naskal (? like i'm an 80 year old i can't remember names) mines.
I you don't go to the lair where xen and that evil cleric is but around it you'll be able to go to somewhere where you have that wheel that means you can travel and if you go there you'll end up in outside the cave and you'll be spoken to by the jellie man.

All'íght eh well that's it (folks)