Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2001, 03:56 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I hate to do this, but I have to start a Thief all over again. Before I reached Durlag's Tower, I had been RPing the whole game. When I reached the Tower, I began to powergame.. Here is a simple solution to make sure you stay in character, if you wish to RP with your character: Play the game solo. It's just like playing online with some friends because you only play one person, and not 5 others. The game will be difficult, but it is possible with any class. I'm going to play through with an Evil Mage, and will let everyone know how it goes.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 10:26 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thank you for your information.
Sorry it did not work out right for you the first time.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 11:43 PM   #3
Nanobyte

No problem, Larry. It's just that, if you have a party you can go through things quicker. So if you're wanting to take your character into BG2, that is still in Chapter 5, you won't be able to fly through everything. You have to take the time to do everything with tactics and maneuvers. And since you have to take your time, you might as well continue RPing..
Old 08-23-2001, 03:13 AM   #4
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

Jeese you made it all clear.. I was wondering why I was having so much fun soloing! It was becuase I was RPing and didnt even realize it.

Come to think of it... I have a habbit of saying odd things when going into battle...

"You cannot hit that which you cannot see!"
"Evil b i t c h, DIE!"
"None shall challenge the trueshot of my longbow!"
"Evil b i t c h, DIE!"
"Here wolfie!"
"I am not the thorn in the Iron Throne's plans, I am the kick in the ASS!"
"HOLY S H I T!"
"You... you killed my bear!"
"I dont think ill give you my money..."
"((arrow flying sounds =\))"
"My shot is as true as my heart!"
"I will not rest until I fall slain in my own pool of blood!"
"Evil b i t c h, DIE!"
"And the rivers ran red..."

There are a lot of evil biotches in BG... they are always special to slay. Note i am a ranger and obsessed with shooting my bow... its fun!

Honestly i never realized I was roleplaying I was just having so much fun. I would always stop and read all the text unlike before when i mostly skip through everything. Ive seen so much stuff I havent before as well. Maybe its luck but hell soloing does rock.

-Aragain Leafstalker
-Aragain- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 06:44 PM   #5
Nanobyte

There are many other benefits by playing the game solo. You get to hog all the goodies, keep all the experience, and get the first view of everything. When I started with my Mage, it was very difficult. But now he is level 3, almost 4. So, like I stated earlier, soloing with any class is possible.