Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2002, 05:08 PM   #1
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Question Mark

Ok, I just did finished the Planar Sphere. Lavok is dead outside. I re-enter the building and talk to the knights to start the stronghold quest. They say that they want to go home, I tell them that cant be done cuz the thing wont operate anymore, they leave. No Teos ever appears. Before the stronghold quest, I killed cowled wizards because of usage of magic in the streets. I therefore never went to Tolgerias to actually *start* the quest, I went straight for Valygar.

If I cant get the stronghold in any conventional way anymore, please give me the CLUA.

[ 11-05-2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Zuvio ]
Old 11-04-2002, 06:00 PM   #2
dragon_lord
Elminster

Perhaps you could CLUA in Teos (MGTEOS01), and see if that works. I dont know if it matters if you didnt talk to Tolgerias before starting the planar sphere quest.
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 07:07 PM   #3
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Theres no other way. If you can dig deep and maybe find an old save before you meet valgar thats your best bet but that wont happen. CLUA in Teos wont help im pretty sure just find away for the the knights to leave and go on the cowled wizards r evil anyway.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:36 AM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

Tolgerias or fighting Cowled ones in the streets have nothing to do with the Sphere. Has Lavok granted the Sphere to you? Or he just died?
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 08:52 AM   #5
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Question Mark

Ehm, I think he just died. On a sidenote: I took Valygar into the sphere and them I kicked him out. Dont know if that does anything?

[ 11-05-2002, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Zuvio ]
Old 11-05-2002, 09:14 AM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
Ehm, I think he just died. On a sidenote: I took Valygar into the sphere and them I kicked him out. Dont know if that does anything??
It doesn't.

So, are you saying that you are a Mage/Sorcerer, did the Planar Sphere, and Lavok didn't say that he wanted you to have the sphere? Most peculiar.

The game will Auto-Save when you enter the Sphere after Lavok's died. If you're lucky, perhaps this still excists. Then tell the Solamnic Knights that you don't think that it can be done, but you will look into it. Then they will thank you and stay, and Teos will appear in the first room in the Sphere.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:08 AM   #7
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Nope, not a thing. Im a sorcerer. I defeated Lavok, returned the sphere, took him outside, he died, I talked to the knights and they left! Now, there is one thing I might be missing here and that is the conversation with Lavok. I read the first two words, if they are 'nice' then I press the matching button, so maybe I kindly declined his offer to take the sphere. Is this possible? If so then im screwed
Old 11-05-2002, 12:20 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

This is why you should always pay attention to the dialogue... ...

I think you just declined Lavok's offer of taking the PSphere as your own. The absence of Teos gating in when you re-entered is already a good indication of this.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 02:17 PM   #9
The Dude
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a related q. I got the sphere, helped the knights, dealt with the ambush, and then I gated guy who initiated the ambush (using the rune I was given) and killed his cronies.

Now, isn't my, lone, surviving apprentice supposed to show up and make potions for me? (the other two died making me a ring of wizardry)

He didn't show up on my return to the sphere (after gating that guy), I rested a bit, still no show.

Is there something else I need to do?

Did I blow it somehow?
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 03:35 PM   #10
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dude:
I have a related q. I got the sphere, helped the knights, dealt with the ambush, and then I gated guy who initiated the ambush (using the rune I was given) and killed his cronies.

Now, isn't my, lone, surviving apprentice supposed to show up and make potions for me? (the other two died making me a ring of wizardry)

He didn't show up on my return to the sphere (after gating that guy), I rested a bit, still no show.

Is there something else I need to do?

Did I blow it somehow?
I'm sorry to say it, but yes, you blew it. In order for him to make you potions, all of the apprentices must survive.
But don't worry, you didn't miss much. The Ring of Wizardry is WAY better then his lousy potions (IMHO). [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote