Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2002, 04:37 PM   #1
stopper_4
Elite Waterdeep Guard

just as a counter-topic to the fun LOTHR thread. How would you categorize those guys?
Rand-Kensai/sorcerer
Matt-Blade(even though he doesn't dual-wield and doesn't play an instrument)
Perrin-fighter(BeastMaster?)
Lan-ranger who can put +++++ in swords
Aes Sedaii-sorceress
Nnyavae-cleric

2. As a corollary, who wins: a'Lan Mandagoran vs. Aragorn????

(can't you tell I'm bored at work!)
stopper_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 04:54 PM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

lol, Aragorn, coz hes got elves behind him... [img]tongue.gif[/img] in single combat... dunno, maybe Lan, not sure...

perin? I'd make him a fighter, but with shapeshift abilites; into a wolf or something. Or maybe part druid (for the nature thing) or perhaps a ranger...

Rand... hmm, I'd give him +++++ in katanas right off, make him, yeah, a sorcerer, or a mage, but he doesnt wear armour does he? hmm, kensai, perhaps... not sure.

Matt'd be a theif, hands down, give him +++++ in knives, or daggers, no both, and +++++ in throwing knives [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, I thought he DID dual weild knives...

The Aes Sedai? She has healing magic, I'd make her a socerer/cleric, does she even USE a weapon? I forget.

Nayeve (or however its spelt) I'd make her the same as Moraine. Its, kinda hard to make a WOT party, coz they're different at differnt levels. heh, Rand plays an instrument, why not make HIM part blade? you'd have to basically "override" class restictions, and give them restirctions of their own.. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'd make Matt a TN, or a LN or even a CN. Moraine... hard, Aes Sedai are always Tricky, maybe an NG, coz she's "good" but uses... odd methods.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 05:16 AM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

oh yeah, just remembered something; you should give Rand 5 or so, lvl 2 priest spell slots: flame sword only, since thats in character...

oh yeah, for Perrin; (gimme a sec, I'll get to the point, just bear with me) in BG1 theres a special ability; "summon dread wolf"; I was thinking, perhaps you could give Perrin something similar, you know, summon a pack of wolves to his side...

You should also search tho the Shadow keeper spells; theres a lvl 1 spell "Minor lightning" that would be perfect for the Aes Sedai, the names slightly deceptive... theres a lightning trap that sends coils of lightning into the targets/victims, its that. [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe, maybe you should give Rand a mage robe, make it red to represent his red coat thing. Intresting idea you've had, surprised no-ones mentioned it before. Hmm, are you gonna give the Aes Sedai healing spells? (make them part cleric?) if so, you should get rid of the "turn undead".

[ 11-01-2002, 05:23 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 12:24 PM   #4
stopper_4
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

I would imagine Undead = Shadowspawn

I think you're on the right track for everyone as for as classes go.

So, Aes Sedai..........Are they priests, druids, mages, or sorcerers?

Matt has always had knives (cursed dagger), but he always seemed to fight with staffs, and "lately", his black spear.

Could Perrin be a paladin? I think he's got the right attitude.
stopper_4 is offline   Reply With Quote