Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2002, 06:28 AM   #1
Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs
Dungeon Master

Are leaving Mnt. Gigas for Baijin. Want to go shark fishing, not sure if I'm strong enough to take on Nessie, 7 char. level 13-14 approx. Fighter, 2xBishop, Ranger, Gadgeteer, 2xMonk, can I do it?
Old 03-11-2002, 06:36 AM   #2
Annheiser
Manshoon

Probably. Just make sure you equip some vs. Resistance items (Mental, Earth, Wind, Divine), have Elemental Shield and Haste up to max and hit her with Armormelt. There are a bunch of strats and tactics if you search the forum. Nessie is pretty easy.
Old 03-11-2002, 12:08 PM   #3
Viscer Spineshank
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Possible spoiler
If you have made an attempt to fight her....you know she is hard. I managed to kill her by doing a few things. I jumped down from into the main room and immidiately went right...to the rocks that have the umpani corpse. I then just peaked out to initiate combat....then quickly backed behind the rock. This gave me the ability to buff while Nessie came into close combat. I also used the canned elementals to keep her busy so I could finish buffing.

She didn't drop any loot for me....but gave my 6 characters 200k exp each.
Viscer Spineshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 01:09 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Nessie has no treasure of her own. The goodies (if you're lucky enough ) are in the small cave nearby, Davy Jones Locker.

The best way to deal with Nessie is to use paralyzing items (not spells), such as medusa stones, mystic arrows, staff of doom, and the like. Once you have her immobile, it's easy. The main thing is to survive long enough to have that happen. Get your element shield up ASAP (and you should already have magic screen going before combat starts).

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 07:15 PM   #5
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I never paralyzed Nessie but my strategy was different. I got close to her when I was first leaving the Gigas Caves. Just before she rises to attack, you float down and attack first for surprise. Throw a Canned Elemental if you have one (or summon one). Cast all protections/enhancements you can. Then run up and melee in second round. If she gets too many big spells in, she'll clean your clock.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:00 AM   #6
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I cheated big time:

1. Load up a memory trainer and search for her health point.

2. set her current health point to 1.

3. She will be gone in less than 1 minutes.

Why? I am sick of fighting her again and again only to find junks in the stupid chest.

[ 03-12-2002: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]

Old 03-12-2002, 03:09 AM   #7
Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs
Dungeon Master

Managed to take her out in the second try, first try was over before it reaaly started, I hid behind a rock to buff, she casts Earthquake and 2 bishops and a gadgeteer takes a dirt nap. Next try, I initiate combat from behind the rock, steps into sight, cast Bless and element shield in first round, and from round two I rush her, but it takes me two or three rounds to reach her, well she cast acid bomb, and insanity or terror i think, for a total of less than 5 damage so ok, start hitting her, superman spells for my fighter and monk, firing up armormelt but suddenly all my bishops are dead, next round R2D2 get swallowed, but my fighter is starting to hit, next round gadgeteer beats the dust, left with only fighter, one mong and a ranger, next round ranger goes unconcious (damn trippleshot crossbow), round after that he's out of arrows, bad planning you might say, well the fighter saves the day and kills Nessie in round ten I think, took me as I said 2-3 round just to reach her. I think the fighter did something like 800 in damage out of her total of approx 898 hp. Resurrected my 4 dead characters, haven't checked the chest yet, if I get excalibur I'll use this save if not I'll try again, try keeping the bishops alive. Had no luck with KO or paralyse items.