Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2001, 01:18 AM   #1
Shinobi

I know that lots of people ask about this topic but my search isn't working too well at the moment. anyway, there's a few things i'd like to share and a few things i'd like confirmed. my cleric (now warlock) has artifact of fiend, Spirit and Vine and can add Regeneration to armour (spirit), + hit to weapons (also spirit), toughness (vine) and damage to weapons (fiend). Now my wizard (also now warlock) has artifact of fire, moon, stone and fiend. For some reason i was under the impression that to get pro fire, ice etc you needed to use the bless skill also so i waited for my wizard to become warlock, joined the priests guild and got the bless skill. But when i went to bless my stuff to get protection from fire and cold i just got the message "need other blessings". I was wrong! WRONG!!! you need the ENCHANT skill to use the Sun and Moon artifact spells (and stone too, or so i thought). so off i went learning the enchant skill (note also that i didn't have artifact of fiend yet, just sun, stone and moon). i did that and went back to town to do some enchanting, now this is where it gets confusing (haha, as if it wan't already), i go into the mage guild and click on enchant, hooray, i can use pro fire and pro ice, but where's my Armour enchantment?! go to the priest's guild, click on bless, "you need other blessings"
*&$%!!!
So i checked to make sure i did actually have the artifact of Stone spell, i did. i was getting kinda annoyed about here and noticed i had a level up so i did that, noticed i could get artifact of fiend so got that to see if that would make any difference. Suddenly i can bless my things to add to their armour?!? Weird, so i went back to the mage guild, now i can also enchant with pro MAGIC, as well as fire and cold. Can anyone exlain this to me? is pro magic a fiend enchantment or stone, i'm sure that the armour blessing is stone (makes sense) but why did it only come up after i got artifact of fiend? Anyway it turned out it was lucky i had my wizard learn bless because i need it for the armour.
Ok that's my wierd confusing story out of the way, now i have a few more questions.

can you use the Spirit and Vine spells to enchant things? enchanting with sun give pro fire, moon - pro ice etc so would spirit encanting give pro mind? vine echanting pro poison?
If anyone has read this the whole way through, i aplaud you, if you can answer my question, you are a legend, thanks.
Old 02-25-2001, 01:23 AM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I would think so. An enchantment of any Magic would be Pro something. Blessings are the add ons to damage, defence, ect. Or so I would guess it to be.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 06:24 PM   #3
Pascha

Shinobi, I put a complete list (as far as I know) of Crafts vs Enchants/Blessings in a post a few days ago.
Have a look there before it drops off.