Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2003, 01:46 AM   #1
Sythe
Ra

I have been waiting for almost a year to see them again in this game. The first time I didn't know who is Drizzt heck I didn't even know what was a drow until I went through Underdark. After I read Salvatores sereis I was ANXIOUS to see Drizzt again. I recently encountored him again. I was pretty confident I have prepared many spells and everything. 6 against five all six are prepared. My party consists of

Darrow(ME)
Human
14th Fighter/11th Thief
(Wields +2 red glowing Shortsword and +3 Scmitar)

Viconia
(+3 Sling and Skullcrusher)
17th Level Cleric

Jaheria
13th Level Druid/12th Fighter
+2 Club

Minsc
13th Ranger
Lilacor

Imoen
Use to wield a bow but ran out of ammo in the underdark.

Solaufein
Sword of Balduran and Flame +2 Bastard Sword.

Now when I encountored them Sola and Drizzt they have this conversaiton. They talk for so long that I have no choice but accept help from Drizzt. Not accetptable I say. So I kick Sola out. Now when I did my attempt again for combat Jaheria the foolish Harper abandons me. Now I only have myself, Viconia, Minsc and Imoen. I might have been able to take them if it wasn't for three factors.

One everyone in the party is HASTED.

Two they damage like crazy except Cattie-Brie.

They all have Magic Resistance.

Everytime a battle starts I get butcherd. I don't even have a chance to do anything not even cast a lil spell. Well maybe something with a very short casting time. Is it normally this way or did the Tactics Mod have something to do with this?
Two every
Old 08-06-2003, 03:36 AM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

You thought taking out a party of adventures famed throughout the Realms was going to be easy? Drizzt and company may not be unbeatable, but they're certainly deserving of respect, and BioWare made sure that you'd have to give it to them.

On their side: I've never looked at his *.CRE file for myself, but I've heard that Drizzt is hacked in a dozen different ways; apart from his Magic Resistance, he's got something like 8 Attacks per Round, a THAC0 of -7, 200 hitpoints, etc. As far as I know, installing Tactics has done nothing to affect the difficulty of this fight. Tactics does add Improved Mages, but I don't think even Catti Brie reaps any benefit from that.

On your side: You've got all those spells and potions littering up your Inventory--ever think about using them? Drizzt's party doesn't contain any spell-sligers, so Imoen under Protection from Magic Weapons would really befuddle them. You have time to cast spells if you organize yourself and strategize. "Enemy Sighted" contingencies would be useful here. You also seem to be emerging from the Underdark at a pretty low level--Minsc is only Level 13??? Then again, a Level 17 Viconia is pretty high.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:54 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

C6DRIZZ.CRE
APR: 10
THAC0: 0
98% Magic Resistance
30% Physical Resistance
92 HP
15 Strength
20 Dex
15 Con
17 Int
17 Wis
14 Cha
Level 16 Fighter
Effecive AC: -10 (not sure if this is before or after items.)
Items:
Helmet Slot - Scimitar + 3, Frostband. Grants +30% Fire Res, does 1d8 + 3 Slashing Damage.
Armour: Mithril Chain Mail + 4. Sets base AC to 2, -2 AC verse slashing and crushing weapons. Disables spellcasting.
Gloves: Scimitar + 5, Defender. Grants -2AC , does 1d8 + 3 Slashing Damage.
Boots: Undroppable boots of speed.
Weapons (on and off hands both): +5 Enchanted Undroppable longsword, does 1d8 + 5 damage.
He has in his inventory a Potion of Stone Giant Strength, a Potion of Extra Healing, and an Oil of Speed.
Saves:
Death - 1
Wands - 3
Polymorph/Petrify - 3
Breath - 4
Spells - 5
Race is Elf.

C6DRIZZ2.CRE
Seems to be exactly the same, except he also has the Amulet of Power (droppable) in his Amulet Slot and a Wooden Stake, and doesn't have the potions.

C6DRIZZ3.CRE
As C6DRIZZ2.CRE, but no Wooden Stake.

DRIZZT.CRE
As C6DRIZZ3.CRE, but has no Amulet of Power.

SAPHIMPO7.CRE
100% Magic and Elemental resistance, no Physical Resistance.
1800 Hitpoints.
Level 3 NO_CLASS
Race is Imp.
15 Strength.
18 Dex
All other stats 9.
THAC0: 19
APR: 1
Has a Ring which causes regen of 1HP/6 Seconds.
Min HP = 1.

These are all pre-tactics.

[ 08-06-2003, 04:55 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 05:11 AM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I managed to kill Drizzt and his crew my first time through, but I reloaded since I wanted his help against Bodhi.
I guess this might be a SPOILER
~
~
~
~
~
Anyway, I took out Wulfgar first and Cattie Brie last, as Cattie wasn't doing me much harm. Wulfgar took down Imoen, but I had Minsc and my fighter attack him while he was still attacking Imoen. So no harm done to Minsc and my fighter yet! Drizzt was the next 1 to take down as he was starting to pound my players. I used summons to keep him busy while my 2 fighters ran away using potions/having Jaheira and Anomen heal them. I sent Anomen in to take the buff of the damage against Drizzt now, while Minsc went to attack Drizzt. I left my fighter out just to be safe, and had Aerie cast some buff spells (aid, bless, chant). I sent him in and scored 2 or 3 quick crit hits, and managed to take down Drizzt quickly. After that, it's actually pretty easy to finish up, and some of the equipment isn't all that bad .

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote