Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2003, 05:53 AM   #1
ShadowChild
Manshoon

POSSIBLE SPOILERS LATER ON!!!
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

I dunno if its just me, but in SOA is there not a lack of decent bastard swords? i mean the +3 VS Shapeshifters is okay....but its not that great when your not trying to smite an orange thats just turned into a big Ogre.

So does anyone know of any good bastard swords (+2 or higher) that can be obtained? for some reason i have a particular preference for bastard swords.....hmmmm....dual wielding the drinker and a nice bastard sword would be nice!
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
ShadowChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 06:02 AM   #2
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

I quite like the Blade of Searing (Bastard Sword +3)
Adds a point of fire damage, too.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:23 AM   #3
Alson
Galvatron

Jhor the Bleeder!

Seriosly though, there aren't any exciting Bastard Swords in SoA. Jhor is half-decent, Searing is kind of OK... but that's about it. ToB has two amazing Bastard Swords, though.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 07:27 AM   #4
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I can create one for you (good to test my IEEP skills),
Something like this:

Archoans Destruction +4

< put description text here >

Equipped abilities

+1 AC bonus
Death Ward (while equipped)
+2 to Max Strength

Combat abilites

THACO: +4 bonus
Damage: 1D8 +4

Ect...

I can create it for you when I finished Sortaghion.

Let me now

[ 04-09-2003, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 04-09-2003, 07:39 AM   #5
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Why create such an overrated weapon?? IMHO, if a thing does not exist in 'classic' SoA, it does not deserver to be created. SoA has no good bastard swords? OK, we'll use long/two-handed ones [img]smile.gif[/img] Thats my opinion though...
Old 04-09-2003, 08:46 AM   #6
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Although its tempting to wield such a weapon, i shall have to say no for the moment - until i have completed SOA + TOB on my own i won't be using any MODs or Addons (other that the Bonus Merchants and patches ).

I had to used Long Swords with out any proficiency points for a while so that was poo! but now i've beefed up my Ranger so he can use them without penalties- i just happend to notice the absence of kick ass bastard swords so far in the game is all!
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
Old 04-09-2003, 09:27 AM   #7
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

When I completed BG I and wanted to start a fighter in BG II, my friend warned me that there are no good bastard swords in BG II at all. So, after being completely obsessed by them in BG I, I had to return back to long swords. Planted all the proficiancy ponts there. And I never regret the decision. Mainly because of the fact that now I rarely play a fighter... sorcerers mainly

[ 04-09-2003, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: TaSSaDaR ]
Old 04-09-2003, 10:03 AM   #8
ShadowChild
Manshoon

I think thats what i may try next, not sure yet though...i think i'll have a long hard think about what might be fun the next time around - wouldn't mind playing an evil character to see what happens [img]redface.gif[/img] )
Old 04-09-2003, 11:24 AM   #9
Myrddin L'argenton
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
When I completed BG I and wanted to start a fighter in BG II, my friend warned me that there are no good bastard swords in BG II at all. So, after being completely obsessed by them in BG I, I had to return back to long swords. Planted all the proficiancy ponts there. And I never regret the decision. Mainly because of the fact that now I rarely play a fighter... sorcerers mainly
I use two-handed swords all the way
White wild magic graven in every rock, for the white gold wielder to unleash or control. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant<br />\'Let no man be unworthy of the angel that watches over him.\' Steven Donaldson<br />Accept who you are.<br />Lord Paladin of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.<br />Walkthrough-online\'s new site<br />[url]\"http://forums.clankiller.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.clankiller.com</a>
Myrddin L'argenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:50 AM   #10
AuraMancer
Dungeon Master

Trowaway swords! Use hammers! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway...I think that Jhor the bleeder(sp?) is the best...