Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 11:43 AM   #1
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

As an imperial assasin of level 27 I'm looking for a weapon to match my status. Currently I fight with a Dwemer Jinksword worth 350 gold but it's always running out of charge. I have 44000 of gold in the bank with other stockpiles of goods ready for sale. Basicaly does anybody know where I can get the best shortsword or where the best enchantable blade is. I like the paralysis in a blade but I' open to new suggestions. I have both expansions as well if it helps.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:11 PM   #2
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Here is a suggestion:

Deadric Wakizashi, Enchantment:
- Absorb health
- Calm humanoid
- Calm creature

Paralysis can be reflected back by high level monsters but calm cannot. It is fun to pounce on the monster while it is standing around or walking away calmly. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 08-11-2004, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 08-11-2004, 12:11 PM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

A shortsword will be a problem. With some luck, you would get a daerdic shortsword from Daedra Lords but your success isn't granted.

If you can use long blades then there is an unenchanted Daedric Dai Katana ready for you. Travel to Molag Mar and take a way around Helan Ancestral Tomb to Maesa Shammus Egg Mine. Near the queen inside the mine is a dead adventurer. Check him.

Have the Dai Katana enchanted by an enchanter. You will need as best soul as possible (that means a grand sould with a Golden Saint or Ascended Sleeper or the Azura Star with Vivec ) and mountains of money. I'm afraid that the 44 000 gold will be far from enough Another possibility is enchanting it yourself but you will need very high Enchant skill and very high INT and LUC.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:25 PM   #4
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I have a better/easier way to get deadric weapons, provided you have the right skills. Break into the Redoran vault, one of the chests will randomly create a deadric/ebony weapon upon opening for the first time. You might want to quicksave before opening. After you have retrived the weapon/stuff, the chest will not respawn new items again.

[ 08-11-2004, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 08-11-2004, 04:20 PM   #5
Seraph
Quintesson

You can pick up an ebony short sword in the Arena Underworks in Vivec. It's under water, resting on the ground behind one of the grates that causes you to exit to the outside. It is normally fairly hard to find, but a good night eye spell should make it easy enough to find.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 06:47 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
I have a better/easier way to get deadric weapons, provided you have the right skills. Break into the Redoran vault, one of the chests will randomly create a deadric/ebony weapon upon opening for the first time. You might want to quicksave before opening. After you have retrived the weapon/stuff, the chest will not respawn new items again.
Oh that reminds me, I think it is redoran. Instead of sneaking and picking the lock, (the vault I am thinking of, I think it is Redoran, it has two or three vaults leading down), one of the people there has the key. If you have enough gold, just taunt and taunt. When disposition gets low due to failure, bribe and try again until he attacks. Then, another key is located in one of the manors with a girl in it. Open the door, let her walk out, then shut the door and steal the key.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:11 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

May I suggest a deadric long bow with some enchanted arrows ( using the officical fletcher mod)? just up your marksmanship and sneak skill and you'll be a good assaasin. you can snipe people from afar. They don't even know what hit them.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:40 AM   #8
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
May I suggest a deadric long bow with some enchanted arrows ( using the officical fletcher mod)? just up your marksmanship and sneak skill and you'll be a good assaasin. you can snipe people from afar. They don't even know what hit them.
Oh sure, if you want to be Lee Harvery Oswald. It seems that you'd be invincible, but where is the challenge and the fun of a good, solid, close up fight where its the testing your mind and mettle. I just don't mix with assassins...

But seriously, great idea. But isn't the only Daedric Longbow in Tribunal?
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:01 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Assasins kill people silenty and stealthy no? Using a markmanship tool to snipe people from afar can accomplish this goal too. Using a marksmanship tool is more fun as it test your patience, your timing, and your positioning. You probably don't know the joy of slowly sneaking in the dark,eyeing your potential targer every move while you find a good position. once you find the position you slowly take you bow and aim, slowly pulling the string towards you, waiting for the right time to release your bow. As time slowly passes by, suddenly the target position hinself perfectly for you. You relise this is the time, and so you release the string and see your arrow fly. and " PACK!!" you arrow hit the target and he slump to the ground. owwww..the joy! that's the beauty of marksmanship.

You can buy a deadric longbow using the official fletcher mod. It's official since it's a mod made by Bethesda themself.

[ 08-12-2004, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:30 AM   #10
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Assasins kill people silenty and stealthy no? Using a markmanship tool to snipe people from afar can accomplish this goal too. Using a marksmanship tool is more fun as it test your patience, your timing, and your positioning. You probably don't know the joy of slowly sneaking in the dark,eyeing your potential targer every move while you find a good position. once you find the position you slowly take you bow and aim, slowly pulling the string towards you, waiting for the right time to release your bow. As time slowly passes by, suddenly the target position hinself perfectly for you. You relise this is the time, and so you release the string and see your arrow fly. and " PACK!!" you arrow hit the target and he slump to the ground. owwww..the joy! that's the beauty of marksmanship.

You can buy a deadric longbow using the official fletcher mod. It's official since it's a mod made by Bethesda themself.
I suppose that is a satisfying way of assasination but i prefer to sneak up behind the enemy within touching distance and the paralysing them to the spot. This is made possible with Cassius's black shirt which is far more than a fashion statement.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm currently after the dark brotherhood in Mournhold but on my return I will pursue the quest for the best shortsword. Thanks again!