Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2003, 05:47 AM   #1
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Muhahahaha, i just thought id tell you all, as everybody thinks its so hard. I can kill him without any magic (although does any work on him?) no protection scrolls, spells, potions etc. Just plain fighting!!!

Muhahahaha [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 06:39 AM   #2
Azaghal
The Magister

O.K. you got me curious. What's the trick? Don't let me die stupid!!
Old 10-15-2003, 06:47 AM   #3
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Killed Drizzt?
No way - I am still alive
<-----------------------

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane

PS: I'll bet you can't do the trick with DSotSC installed [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 07:50 AM   #4
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Insane you are just so "insane"ly funny

the trick is, i am a master of bg and i can kick everyones ass!!!

Seriously I dunno, my party is just amazing now! very high levels. Il write down all my partys levels, profs, hp etc. if anyone wants.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:02 AM   #5
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Seriously, the guys behind DSotSC spend some time to make a piece of new 'code' that is activated if you insisting on killing Drizzt. I can recommend that you try, just to see what happens [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

The only downside about DSotSC is, that you have to start from scratch, building up your party from the ground again.

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 10-15-2003, 10:39 AM   #6
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

Ross then kill eleminister (IF you can) Hehehehe (ops) Muhahahahaha.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:49 PM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Azaghal:
O.K. you got me curious. What's the trick? Don't let me die stupid!!
there are many tactics against fighting Drizzt, but each one varies depending on your party members. You can get a chance to fight him again in BG2 if you wish, but that battle proves to be harder (at least I thought so)

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:54 PM   #8
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Really? Since you get way higher levels then..... I for one had an easy time completely annihilating Drizzt...
Old 10-16-2003, 03:53 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

In BG1, the only ways to kill Drizzt involve taking advantage of the game's poor AI, with the least cheesy probably being "I will summon a thousand monsters and have them swarm Drizzt in a melee, while my party members (and any Hobgoblins I might get) slowly turn him into a pincushion," since this only abuses the fact that in 'real life,' Drizzt would certinaly be smart enough to attack the people summoning the monsters, not the monsters themselves.

In BG2, your chances depend on what tactics you employ to counter Drizzt's cheating (he has a THAC0 somewhere around -20, and about 8 attacks per round, etc), and what levels your party is when you encounter him. If your party's in the Level 13-15 range, you're going to need a lot of smart tricks in order to beat him. But a Level 19-22 party can just cast Time Stop, drop a Dragon's Breath or two, and clean up.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:12 PM   #10
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Hey sure Ross! Post your ultimate party and everything they wear and carry and stuff! I know I never made a party that can take on any challenge the game provides before! Maybe that's why I never finished the game as of yet?!