Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2000, 02:13 PM   #1
Archmagi Wah

Hello, all guys/gals,

You might need a bit of creative imagination for this one. I love spells and I hope that Black Isle have decided that Lv 9 won't be the highest level spells that you can cast!! (same for a druid/priest - I'm looking forward to Lv 8 and 9)

So I'm sitting here wondering whether BG3 will have 10th (maybe 11th level) spells on offer, and maybe a druid/cleric can taste some of that Lv 8 / Lv 9 spell?

I would love any info on whether they have decided this yet, so please tell me any news if you can OK?

Meanwhile..............I imagined a few of my own high levels spells!!! (feel free to add your own.)

Level 10 spell - ELEMENTAL DISASTER

This spell will conjure an air, earth and fire elemental to the caster's aid. There is no 'mental concentration' required and the elementals will stay under the caster's control till turned or slain. Upon summoning, there is a 10% chance that one of the elementals will turn on the caster.

Level 11 spell - Chain Fingers Of Death

Upon uttering the words for this lethal spell the wizard gains not one but THREE fingers of death to cast upon any enemy he chooses. The enemy must save vs death at -2 or be slain, if he survives then he automatically takes 20hp of damage (no saving throw).

Level 11 spell - Red Dragon's Breath (remember Firkraag anyone?)

The caster gains the fire power of a red dragon upon casting this spell. The spell enables the caster to blast a semi-circle wave of fire, causing 2d50 points of fire damage to everyone in that area. There is also a 50% chance of rendering the enemy unconcious for 3 rounds (no saving throw). Magic and fire resistance may reduce the damage taken from the fire.

Level 8 priest/druid spell - Improved Regeneration

The priest lays his hands upon the target in this spell and he/she will automatically gain 2hp per second for 7 rounds. The target is liable to further damage sustained and the spell cannot be dispelled by magics of any means.

Level 9 (druid only) spell - Queen Of Nymphs

This spell conjours the nymph queen Asha and her three nymph companions. They will aid the caster in his battle and fight all opposing enemies till slain till less than 10hp, whereupon she will flee and regenerate till called upon again. The queen nymph is a more powerful version of Call Woodland Beings, and she will have spells that are unique to her race and status.

Level 11 mage spell - Summon Elminster

This spell will telepathically call the mage Elminster to your aid. He will intercept the nearest enemies with powerful magic, and attempt to free your party of any curses and charms. This spell can only be cast once a day and if you don't require his assistance you can listen to the mage for his wisdom.

(you wish!!.........................)
Old 11-22-2000, 02:24 PM   #2
Shaene

Sorry but lol! *G*

Summon Elminster? YEAAAAAA Sure ... like he would come only once when direly needed *G*

and please never forget with all the ideas you brought, the enemies will have the same spells on their hands, and I`m sure that Summon Elminster will work just against you *G*
Old 11-22-2000, 02:41 PM   #3
Archmagi Wah

Point well taken Shaene,

So I added................

Level 11 mage spell - Summon Drizzt

The utterance of a holy drow word will summon the ranger Drizzt to your aid. He will help your party slay the enemy who is currently attacking your leader, for 4 rounds. Drizzt cannot be summoned by anyone of evil or neutral alignment and there is a 20 chance each summon that Drizzt's companion Gwyntharyar will attack you due to jealously - there is no saving throw for this and the beast must be slain by magic or physical damage, before Drizzt can be called upon again.
Old 11-22-2000, 03:26 PM   #4
Quillum

Well it is a very powerfull Ideer.... BUT...

Since the 3rd addition has started....those rules will not be applied to any new RPG game.

(I imagine..)

Though I am not familiar with the 3rd addition rules...
But I will imagine they will start slow again... and create a 2nd for the tough players live BG1 and 2...

Quillum, The Cold Bitch.
Old 11-22-2000, 05:36 PM   #5
Shaene

he he ... I`ve got one

Level 11 Cleric Spell

Resurrect God

With this spell you can bring back a dead god to life. He/She imidently regains his/her Portofolios and must fight the God that took them.

Yeaaaaa now ... I bring back Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul ... Then its bye bye Mr Bigshot Freakboy Cyric (I hate that lil "%)§/§"
Old 11-22-2000, 05:52 PM   #6
Satyre

Perhaps the most feared spell of all time:

The exceptionally rare and deadly 11th level Mage spell:

Summon Horde of Lawyers.

Calls fourth a group of suit-and-tie wearing, briefcase wielding lawyers...

A spell almost too cruel to use.

Perhaps we should impliment other lower-level versions:

Summon lesser burocrat.
Minor Law-suit
Summon Legal Aid

And perhaps we could give assassins the special ability: Invoke the 5th Amendment

ANd lastly my favourite:

Satyre's Unholy Satirist
-calls forth an exact dumlicate of the most powerful foe in a group, with the same powers, just funnier and more ironic.
Old 11-22-2000, 05:55 PM   #7
Satyre

Damn, just had another thought:

Homer's Horrid wilting

-vapourises all alcohol, particularly beer, within a 10 mile radius.
Old 11-22-2000, 07:47 PM   #8
Archmagi Wah

LOL, oh boy you people sure think in a peculiar way!!

Alright, lets shove in a few more:

Level 10 cleric/druid spell: Summon Cupid = Emotion: Love

All creatures in the 30cm radius circle must save vs spell or become absolutely drawned towards Cupid immediately. They will continue to drool and worship him until a dispel magic is casted whereupon they will see his true image and attack. Cupid can also fire 'arrows of love' which causes a single target to becomed dominated - and ordered to either kill itself, do the washing up, cook or go and find a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Level 11 mage spell: Improved Cloudkill

The caster of this spell becomes a huge balloon of gas within seconds, and if she/he cannot hold it any longer a 40 foot circle of toxic gas is whooshed out of his rear end - in a matter of seconds. All those in the area in allowed a save vs spell to avoid being poisoned, those entering afterwards are automatically poisoned suffering 15 hp of poison damage every 2 seconds until out of the area.

Finally..........

Level 11 mage spell: Jerry Springer's Enchantment

A Jerry Springer's enchantment causes all enemies and friends alike to be affected by chaos (no saving throw), unless they are protected from evil. Following that a humanoid like shape will continue to pursue all remaining lifeform - biting their backsides till they collapse with exhaustion. Jerry Springer also has an extremely powerful attack called a Final Thought, which causes all males to become females and vice versa. A second effect of the Final Thought is that all affected lifeform will continue to stab themselves because they believe that they are the enemy - there is no saving throw and this will last for 5 rounds or until they are slain.
Old 11-22-2000, 09:20 PM   #9
Armisael

Power Word: Stand on Head - Causes the victim to irrationally stand on his/her/its head for one round per level of the caster. If the castee has no head, it will stand on whatever comes closest to its head.

Finger of Fish: This spell causes the target to instantly polymorph into a curious, breadcrumb-covered stick-like object.

Wail of the Banshee II: This spell will instantly cause all husbands in a 100' radius to die, no saving throw.
Old 11-22-2000, 11:43 PM   #10
Archmagi Wah

LOL........LOL..........Oh Armisael, now that you said that I won't be getting any sleep tonight!! (now what did I have for dinner?)

Keep 'em coming!!

Mage Spell Lv 10: Polymorph Self 2:

In addition to becoming the animals mentioned, you get to wear a frock, dress or skimpy tight leather trousers.

Mage Spell Lv 11: Improved Contagion:

The ability to give diseases to someone, including your own. So the beautiful maiden next door, could be having that fat spot on your bum and nose by the end of the day. There IS A SAVING THROW at -1000 but if he/she succeeds then usually they lose their front teeth instead.