Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2003, 02:46 PM   #1
Borg
The Magister

Slight Spoiler about who is in the final battle (w/ Ascension):
~
~
~
~
Ok, as much as I hate to admit it, I am getting my butt handed to me in the first battle when I go to the throne room (w/ Ascension). I am facing Improved Irenicus, Bohdi, and two Fallen Solars (plus Slayer Imoen) on Insane. On my side, I have Balthazar, Minsc, Keldorn, Jahera, Aerie, and me (a Kensai => Mage). My party is around 24th level.

I cannot seem to make it past Irenicus' time stop where he seems to then hit my party with the whole book of spells.

Any suggestions? Buffs I should do before the battle? Tactics to employ during the battle? Perhaps something to get me on the right path.

Much appreciated...
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 03:36 PM   #2
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Jaheira - Insect plague (on Solars - possibly even Jonny if he is near)
Keldorn - Carsomyr - on Jonny as soon as his PFMW wears off (listen carefully)
or use his Dispel magic on Jonny

Kensai/Mage - time stop and hack + Balthazar is probably immune to time stop - he can help (don't tell him what to do - just point in the right direction)
Also spell Immunity-Abjuration (If Jonny wants to dispel, remove, breach you)

Minsc , Aerie - help

Potions of Invulnerability, Potions of Magic shielding, Potions od Magic Blocking, Potions of ...

Ignore Imoen !

Or maybe have her chase Aerie while you fight !
Old 04-22-2003, 04:06 PM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

Yup .. make sure you let balthazar do his thing. Chances are that he'll react to Jonnie casting timestop by chanting, which can temporarily make him Immune to time-stop. He finished off half of the party in the next fight after the first time-stop in my game [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2003, 07:12 PM   #4
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Or, you could just interrupt the Time Stop with an insta-cast Dragon's Breath.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:46 PM   #5
Borg
The Magister

Thanks for the help. I've gotten much further in this battle now. I almost had it won, but I think a lucky vorpal shot from the Fallen Solar took my character out (it was that or Jonny Boy appearing with a comet).

Insect Plague didn't seem to affect the Fallen Solar. Do you know if they are magic resistant?

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to see Jon Irenicus when he goes invisible and does the aura clense thing? True Sight doesn't seem to identify him, so then he shows up and hits me with time stop or a comet that takes a battle I'm winning and changes everything.
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:55 PM   #6
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Solars are 85% resistant to magic, 100% resistant to all but fire damage and 50% resistant to all physical damage. i used my thiefs detect illusion ability to detect all invisible creatures. quite handy.

A word of caution: that battle is EASY compared to the fight coming up [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Edit: sorry, FALLEN SOLARS are like that. the good solars are a little differently resistant.

[ 04-24-2003, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 04:55 PM   #7
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Borg:
Insect Plague didn't seem to affect the Fallen Solar. Do you know if they are magic resistant?
Try in a combination with Greater Malison or use his big brother version - Creeping Doom.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:57 PM   #8
daan
Silver Dragon

If jonnie's invisible, jonnie's invisible .. sorry [img]smile.gif[/img]
On the upside .. you can use his trick too. Its a matter of casting Spell Immunity : divination. This will render you immune to any invisibilty-purging spells
Old 04-25-2003, 03:46 PM   #9
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

SI: Abjuration will prevent dispel magic as well
Old 04-26-2003, 07:36 AM   #10
daan
Silver Dragon

SI: abjuration will prevent any protection-removing spell except Ruby Ray of Reversal. Neet [img]smile.gif[/img]