Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2003, 11:11 PM   #1
Ecks
Welcomed New User

Iv played balders gate 2 and thats about it so i dont know to many things about how to do things in this game so bare with me. I was wondering what the hell you do with gems, skulls, broken armor, and dead cat bodies. I thought you used them to make potions or make a weapon have magical stuff to it, but i dont know how...my sorc. has a pretty high alchemy(spelling?) level but not any good if i cant make stuff. Im at the part where you fight the black dragon gaurdian, 5 chapter..maybe i missed an alchemy lab or something? please help! maybe its just me but sorc. and other classes that are better with lighter armor dont seem to get much their way...the best thing i got was a +2 light armor with +2 hide skill and +10HP for my rouge.
Ecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 11:20 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Broken items have no use.

Bodies have a use in a discussion almost at the endof the game, just make sure you have one body of every kind, including the cat one.

You don't really need them if you don't want to carry them, but they will help you take care of a problem in a funny way.

[ 02-26-2003, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 02-26-2003, 11:46 PM   #3
Ecks
Welcomed New User

Well what do i do with the shit load of gems i have? i have at least one of every kind...more than 20 on some.
Ecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 11:57 PM   #4
Tar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah I have been saving all the best gems like Rogue stones, diamonds, pearls etc. Do I need any in a quest or something useful latter on or can I just sell them? I am already pass the Oswald ship thingie where you need 2 diamonds.
Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 11:59 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

As you said, at one point you need two diamonds, you will also need five fire agate. You can sell all other gems.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:24 AM   #6
banzai
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
As you said, at one point you need two diamonds, you will also need five fire agate. You can sell all other gems.
Yep - but if you don´t have two diamonds then there are some *nearby*. As far as I remember if you need specific gems you can be sure there are enough of this type in your vicinity - you just have to look for them a bit ...
Old 02-27-2003, 09:49 AM   #7
Goliat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Gems do not need much place (gem bags) and there are some shops with better prices so I carry always some of the most precious ones. Later you have more skils so the prices will rise too.
Goliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 01:16 PM   #8
zakharak
The Magister

Ecks:

In regards to your remark about your sorceror having a high level of alchemy, and that you think you have not been to an alchemist lab:

I am very sure there are some labs in the Underdark level where you have to combine stuff like "spores" and other neccesary items to brew stuff. Another point where you use the ability is where Tar said, Oswalds Ship. You have obviously passed those points, but shortly to come is another lab where you brew important potions.

As far as alchemizing (word?) gems and such into useful items, i am pretty sure you can't. Just sell them.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:56 PM   #9
Irongrinder

The thing at Oswald's place is not really a lab, it's just questrelated and you can give beetleshells, winterwolfpelt and yeti pelt to Oswald. There are two labs though, one is in the Underdark in the Drider's cave, the other is in Dragon's Eye. There is no weaponmaking throughout the game except for the Oswald thingy mentioned earlier.
Irongrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 02:56 AM   #10
Khazraj
Dungeon Master

Not even in the Underdark? I made an axe there before...