Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2001, 12:26 AM   #1
NAZAR
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was in the copper coronet freeng all the slaves. Once they were all freed i was battling a guard in the room that you are in just as you enter the copper coronet where the battle arena is. I killed the guard with a fireball and being evil id didnt care for the by standers. what happened the was that Lord Jierdan was just standing there chilling and one of my flames got him. He then just left before i got my chance to talk to him. This makes it immposible for me to go to windspear hills and kill the bastard. anyone know of another way to get to windspear hills?
Old 12-09-2001, 01:01 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

SPOILER
>
>
>
?>
>
>
>
?
?
?
?
>
Don't you have the acorns?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 01:08 AM   #3
NAZAR
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes i do have the acorns....but i still cant go to windspear hills
Old 12-09-2001, 01:22 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Have you tried walking to it from one of the maps close to it? It seems like the game should allow that, just like in BG1. Either that, or cheat there with the area codes. But I don't know what it is off the top of my head.
Old 12-09-2001, 01:44 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Oh yeah, and no more fireballs in the Copper Coronet, at least not until after you get all the quests done in there. [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2001, 12:21 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Do the Windspear Hills appear on your map? If so, you can travel there.

Also, you HAVE to go to the City Gate District and exit through there in order to leave the city for the first time. Later, you can leave the city from any district (I think).

If you haven't left the city yet, then the above suggestion SHOULD work. If you HAVE traveled outside the city already, then I don't really know what you can do - other than to cheat the area codes in.

Good Luck - and happy dragon hunting!
Old 12-10-2001, 01:57 PM   #7
Russ
Manshoon

No Cerek, he's right. He's screwed. Having the acorns isn't the same as actually knowing how to get to the windspear hills... unless something comes up that will let it get marked on his map, he'll never be able to go.

Which ain't all THAT big a deal for an evil party, anyway... (I'd probably reload, unless I'd lose major time.)
Old 12-10-2001, 08:54 PM   #8
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

spoiler

use the warp with the movetoarea("whatever") scripting. I killed to person for the umar hills quest when they came up to me because i am you guessed it EVIL but I was able to warp there so i was still able to do the quest, and the magical sphere quest too.
Old 12-11-2001, 10:23 AM   #9
Anarion

How do you get to the druid grove? does anyone know?. and i dont think that there is another way to get to the windspear hills
Old 12-11-2001, 12:54 PM   #10
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Radiant_Memphit:
How do you get to the druid grove? does anyone know?. and i dont think that there is another way to get to the windspear hills

The Druid Grove will appear on your map if you agree to do some quests for Trademeet. One way to get it to appear on the map is talk to the mayor first and then go down the stairs to the cellars and talk to Cernd, the second way is agreeing to help the Dao Djinni to locate and kill the Rakshasa for them, and then go to the upper right gate in Trademeet where you will be approached by a Shadow Thief, who will give you the location of the Druid Grove as well.

And about the Windspear Hills: it could be that if your protagonist is a paladin that you have to travel there as a part of your stronghold quest, but knowing you just stated your party is evil, I suppose we can scrap that alternative as well.
No, the only way to go there now is to cheat. Look for AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe's post.