Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2003, 08:39 PM   #11
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Ack, see a few people not too happy with the Microsoft mice, which is what I actually got LOL. Microsoft (Optical) "Blue" (I guess cause the scroll wheel is, err... blue LOL). Didn't spend a lot of money on it though. I guess maybe the next one I buy will be a Logitech since so many seem to like that particular brand [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've got a MS optical mouse. Never had any trouble with it. I prefer the optical to ball mice cause you don't have to keep them clean. We used to have ball mice at school and they glued the back on so the kids wouldn't take them off and lose the balls. They got so dirty in there and you couldn't clean them, they barely rolled along

I love your St Patrick's KFG btw [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Hmm yea, I have a Compaq mouse with a ball in it and I have to clean it about every 2 weeks to a month [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] But it's not that bad, only bugs me when I'm playing my games. The ones with the sensors aren't too bad I don't think, I use them at my school and they hardly ever stick. I don't advise you get a corless one though, batteries die too quickly [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ps- Nice St. Pat Sig Lady Zekke [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2003, 08:50 PM   #12
Animal
Gold Dragon

If you don't like cleaning your mouse regularly, go with pure optical. The higher DPI of the mouse, the higher the accuracy and performance.
Logitech makes some pretty decent stuff.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...2&languageid=1
Old 03-16-2003, 08:56 PM   #13
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Well I am not really against microsoft mouses, because they´re great, but because Windows itself is a good enough reason to stop buying any MS products. Besides, logitech mouses look pretty.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:09 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Ack, see a few people not too happy with the Microsoft mice, which is what I actually got LOL. Microsoft (Optical) "Blue" (I guess cause the scroll wheel is, err... blue LOL). Didn't spend a lot of money on it though. I guess maybe the next one I buy will be a Logitech since so many seem to like that particular brand [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've got a MS optical mouse. Never had any trouble with it. I prefer the optical to ball mice cause you don't have to keep them clean. We used to have ball mice at school and they glued the back on so the kids wouldn't take them off and lose the balls. They got so dirty in there and you couldn't clean them, they barely rolled along

I love your St Patrick's KFG btw [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Oh good! Glad to hear that, I'll let yall know what I think of the one I bought today. Still haven't installed it yet, maybe it's one of those "I don't want to change! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] " things, dunno LOL. I still want to keep my mouse pad though, it's one of those with the gel wrist rest thingy? I really need that, it makes a big difference, as before my wrist rested on the wooden edge of the desk. I'm thinking, hoping, I can just plug the optical mouse in, and not use the installation disk. Because if I don't like it for some reason, then I can just pop my other one back in, if that makes sense..

Oh, and thanks re the St. Patricks KFG LOL! It's only for today, I was feeling festive [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2003, 09:20 PM   #15
Arvon
Unicorn

Look at my post "Give this a try"

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 03-16-2003, 09:23 PM   #16
Ladyzekke

Thanks Gangrell [img]smile.gif[/img] , I didn't want to get a cordless anyways, too much maintenance, and I don't mind the cord, it's not like I'm mousing across my entire desk, you know? ROTFL!

Oh thanks for the link Animal, if I decide I like the optical thing, I'd really prefer to have the best one you can buy at this point, tired of skipping balls LOL.! Doh!

No worries NiceWorg, my misunderstanding, I thought you may have had problems with a MS mouse before. And I know what you mean re Windows LOL, and I totally support you supporting other companies that deserve it because they make good products. I just happened to grab the MS one because of (1) the price, (2) the blue color (oh I'm so shallow like that sometimes), and (3) the scroll wheel turned extremely easily (which could be a good thing or a bad thing LOL, I mean, what if I'm turning, scrollwheel is a-spinnin, but nothing is hardly moving on the screen LOL, I'm prepared mentally for these things ahead of time), and last, but not least (4) the line at CompUSA was humongous, and getting humongouser, and I had to choose quickly, and many choices were sold out, many bare areas in the shelves (CompUSA is lame like that, they never get any game on the release date, always lagging behind, and same goes for their restocking) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 03-16-2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]
Old 03-16-2003, 09:43 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, you could put him in a kilt, or maybe some nice loafers...or a hat...oh....uh...ahem...you don't mean Mouse, do you...? [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] *snicker*

Hope you like the one you bought! I never used an optical mouse but I'm told their nice. I'm with you on the cordless issue, LadyZ! Too much hassle to buy or replace or recharge batteries, when a cord doesn't bother me at all and like you said, how often would you need to use it that far away?!
Old 03-16-2003, 09:55 PM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I bought this mouse:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...2&languageid=1

A Dual Optical. Has worked excellently for me, in all the work I do, as well as all gaming. no glitches--wheel and thumb buttons are in great locations. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2003, 11:05 PM   #19
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I bought this mouse:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=3&CONTENTID =4984&countryid=2&languageid=1

A Dual Optical. Has worked excellently for me, in all the work I do, as well as all gaming. no glitches--wheel and thumb buttons are in great locations. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yes I saw that one! Was one of the ones sold out too, doh!
Guess I could try BestBuy, but sometimes they can be pretty lacking on stocking mice as well. Maybe Staples or an Office Depot, although the last Staples I went to a month or so ago only had mainly these "mini" mice. Who wants a tiny mouse!?? Ah well, I never figured out why anyone would want an ergonomic (sp?) keyboard either. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Oh man and those ones that have the little pad that you use your finger on for the mouse? Oh those suck so bad, are irritating and lame in their own unique kinda way LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2003, 09:37 PM   #20
Ladyzekke

Well I'm using the new Optical Mouse now, I like it! It moves very smoothly around, and I love the thought that it won't start skipping or lumping! I can even hold the mouse up a tiny bit above my mouse pad and it still moves the cursor on the screen! Now all they need to do is make a mouse kind of like a remote LOL, so I can just hold the thing in the air and do whatever tasks I want!